Jeanluc
Hi

Today Brain 4 told me that trial version has expired but betatest still running during  more than 50 jours ( I don't remember exactly) . I think there is a mistake or some problem with internal Brain counter : How can we continue to test with reduced features ?

I currently have purchased a PC version of PB4 and plan to purchase a mac one as soon as I will change my mac ( I'm waiting for Leopard) . Do I have to purchase it now in order to be able to continue betatest ?

Please advise .

Kind regards
JeanLuc

PVI3.2GHz/Ram2Go/X8OOPRO256/WinXPSP2
Powerbook G4 800 OSX 10.4.9
Sony VAIO VGNS3XP/Mandriva 2007 Spring
Harlan
There are two timers in effect here. First is the trial timer, which last 30 days. Second is the beta timer, which lasts until a fixed date depending on what version of the beta software you are running.

The beta version still requires registration when the trial expires. When the beta version expires, the program will no longer function regardless of whether you have purchased (but there will be a new version that you can download at that point). The final release will not expire.

If you would like longer to test the Mac version, you can reinstall it and start with a new Brain. (You can't restart your trial using an old Brain file).

Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Jeanluc
Hi Harlan

Thank you for explanation .  I think I will do that ( re-install and start with a new brain for continuing to test )
Fortunately this do not have to create any system pollution except old test brains
If there is some system pollution resulting from unsintallation please give me path / files to delete.

Kind regards
Jean

Harlan

I think it is only the application itself. I believe that's all on Mac OS.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan

FYI, version 4.0.4.8 extends the trial period of the pro version, so you do not have to adhere the to above limitations.

Regards,
-Harlan
Jeanluc
Hi Harlan

I deleted previous version then deleted old brains then install the new beta version downloaded this morning
PB told me that it can't find my old brain so I ignore then create a new one
Then create a child though then try to open though attachement.

PB told me that wird attached message ( errormessage.jpg)  , it is probably disturbed by the presence of some old installed version hidden files ??

( see the dir structure here image_6.png)
Could you help me to solve this problem ?

kind regards
jean luc

Click image for larger version - Name: errormessage.jpg, Views: 115, Size: 33.19 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Image_6.png, Views: 115, Size: 102.98 KB
Harlan
Please post the output.log file from your PB application package along with a description of what you do just prior to getting the message.
Regards,
-Harlan
Jeanluc
Hi Harlan
Please find attached the log file . What I did just before is trashing previous version of PB and also deleting all old brains coming from the expired version .

I Also posted the log file on the linux session here for the same kind of problem .
http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1878485

Hope it can help
Best regards
Jean Luc

Harlan
Jeanluc,

There does not seem to be any error messages that are problematic. I think that the problem so see is actually something else and is not related to your having deleted the old files. Please try creating an attachment in your Brain first, then try the "open thought folder" command.

We have resolved this problem for the next release.

Regards,
-Harlan
Regards,
-Harlan
Jeanluc
Hi Harlan ,

Thank you for your reply . I did it but it can't solve the problem yet ;-(

I wonder if there is any way to uninstall Brain properly and re intall it from scratch ?

Click image for larger version - Name: Image_2.png, Views: 93, Size: 73.36 KB
Jeanluc
I confirm that this issue have been solved by release 4.0.4.9
Harlan

Great. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software