jmg
I am satisfied personal Brain user for the last 12 years.

I use Brain 3.2 every day and want to be sure before making any change, so that I will be happy using Brain 3.2, and testing Brain 4.0 free with dummy data, in the same PC.

Is that possible ?

let us say : If I try to install in my PC Fee Brain 4.0, it will be possible to keep my old brain 3.2 installation working ?

Thank you
zenrain
I can use 3.x and 4. concurrently, and have experienced no problems. You don't want to upgrade your 3x data until you are sure, there's no downgrade.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jmg
ThankYou, it works.

V.4 made a new set of data based on the translation of my old v.3 brains, and leave the old as it was. Still I am able to open this old brains with v.3.

I like v.4, it shows a brilliant v.3 evolution. Very remarkable all new seach functions, and the navigation in expanded view.

Congratulations TheBrain ppl !

mcaton
One thing to note is that your old PersonalBrain files will be a .brn and _brn format.  4.x Brains are all .brain and _brain extensions.  It's a good/easy way to tell the difference.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software