mcaton
I believe we have just resolved our last Brain Import Issue with the current build of 9.0.85.  I realize some "Mega-Brains" are still not syncing, this is a current top priority for our engineers - but does anyone else have a Brain 8 that fails to import into TheBrain 9?

Thanks!
Matt
mbaas
Yes. I've already mailed support about it.
Kriggel23
Yes. Tried multiple times to import a Brain with 80.066 thoughts, 159.604 links.
Got each time the error message "An item with the same key has already been added."
The import stops, no brain is created, no further information or message available.

Any hint where I can get some details, e.g. log messages?

Kriggel23

flyteach
I don't think it's just mega brains. I created a new brain in v8 based on the business template. Saved it. Then opened it in v9. Still get the "not authorized to sync" error. I made no changes to the brain other than importing to v9, no text, notes, thoughts, etc.

Jim Ujcik
mcaton
Michael - thanks, I see the email and output.log.  I'll discuss with the engineers on Monday.

Flyteach - so the Brain does import into 9 - correct?  It just can't sync?  This is another, separate issue that we are tracking.  I'll follow up with you in a separate message for some steps to try in order to Sync your Brain.

Kriggel - Checking on your message with our engineers on Monday as well.  Yes, if you would like to send an output.log file from v9, just click on HELP > OPEN LOG DIRECTORY.

Thanks!
Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

here's an excerpt from the log file - the original has a size of apps. 7.2 MB, I just cut of the repeating / almost equal lines: txt Excerpt of Output_log.txt     

btw: I suppose TB9 has a problem with attached files, who's name start with "$$". The attachment in question is nevertheless visible / editable in TB9.

Kriggel23

Kriggel23
Just had a closer look to another brain I imported into 90850. The original has 25.476 thoughts, 62.748 links. There's something awful false with it:
  • After import, checked orphan thoughts. Two were true orphans; two other are victims, due parent and jump thoughts were unlinked on import; the last one is a duplicate of a thought, where the original has been imported and linked without errors.
  • The Duplicate Names report in TB9 lists 131 thoughts. Two are real duplicates; two others are real duplicates, too, but the old brain 8.0.2.2 lists only one (?!) on instant search; the rest seams to be pairs of a "good" thought, together with a forgotten thought, that held the same same.
  • The results of Parentless Thoughts reports on TB9 (159) and TB8 (156) differ. Due to select & copy problems in TB9, I could not make out the differences.
  • After import in TB9, a lot of thoughts lost there attachments (tif, pdf) from TB8. That's an absolute no-go! [Attachment report(s) in TB9 would be fine ...]
  • After import in TB9, I stumbled across one thought, which lost two links, and was linked to two so far unrelated thoughts. That's an absolute no-go as well!
I would like to see the function "File > Utilities > Statistics" from TB8 in TB9 as well, to have an indicator whether and where there are differences between the TB8- and TB9-version of a given brain.

Kriggel23

flyteach
Matt,

Yes, the brain appears to import fine. Maybe I put this in the wrong place, but I can sync a brain that I create from scratch in v9, but ones imported from v8 aren't syncing, so wasn't sure where the problem was. Sorry if I made things confusing, just thought I'd post the simple steps I ran through to create the issue. FWIW, I'm doing this on a Mac, fully updated, with v9.0.85.

Jim Ujcik
zenrain
Kriggel23, are you using Windows or OS X? The reason I'm asking is I'm also experiencing file loss when importing a TheBrain 8 database using OS X, but when I import the same database to 9 on Windows no files are lost.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mcaton
Alex,

RE: Missing attachments in Mac import, but not in Windows import - Can this be seen in your "Beta" Brain that we have a copy of?

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Christian,

Lots to review/test as a result of your previous post.  Thank you for sharing and shedding some light on the 'missing attachments after import' issue that I'm now looking into.

I may have mentioned this to you specifically in the past, but would it be possible to receive a copy of your v8 .brainzip file for our in house testing and further research?  This could help us to quickly replicate and resolve these issues.

Please contact me at support@thebrain.com or directly at matt@thebrain.com if you would be willing to share.

Thank you!
Matt
zenrain
Matt, I'm pretty sure the behavior is available in the v8 brain I made available. This is the CHNL thought that has child thoughts with attachments prior to importing, and then most are missing after importing. I think you were unable to re-create in the support ticket, but were testing in Windows, and I confirmed that the attachments did make it over correctly when I imported on a Windows machine.

Hope that helps. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
zenrain
As an added note, the issue wasn't occurring with 9.0.x earlier versions. I believe it started with the version where the attachment import was adjusted.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mcaton
Just replicated losing attachments when importing to Mac.  Thank you!!

Matt
dkbeauchamp
I'm having trouble importing an 8 brain. I suspect that it is a problem with this particular brain and that the v9 import is not directly responsible, but I'm not certain. Screenshots below. And sorry for the ignorance, but what's the best way to get you the log file (if you need/want it?)

ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 24 07.14.jpg 
ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 24 07.15.jpg 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software