ratthing
  • Mac OSX High Sierra 10.13.5
  • Scrollbars are set to always show, minimize windows using Genie effect is on, double click a window's title bar to zoom is on, animate opening applications is on.
  • MacBook Pro
  • The Brain 9.1.6.0
  • Open The Brain and expand the window by double-clicking the title bar.
  • Set up the plex and attachment/notes panes to be vertical, next to each other, and equal in size.
  • Drag the separator bar between the attachment view and notes view to some size that you like.
  • Click around in the plex to bring a few thoughts to focus.
  • Exit The Brain via File -> Exit
  • Restart the Brain. 
Result:  The separator bar between the attachment view and notes view has moved to a different position, also the Calendar view sometimes spontaneously appears at the bottom even when I did not open it.
shatcher
Ratthing,

Display preferences, such as resizing the notes and attachment pane, are kept only if that Brain remains open when users close TheBrain app. Meaning that if you close TheBrain by clicking TheBrain > Quit, and Brain(s) that was open will retain the display settings from the previous session. By clicking File > Close Tab you are closing a single Brain, and not the whole application.

Cheers, Sean
ratthing
shatcher wrote:
Ratthing,

Display preferences, such as resizing the notes and attachment pane, are kept only if that Brain remains open when users close TheBrain app. Meaning that if you close TheBrain by clicking TheBrain > Quit, and Brain(s) that was open will retain the display settings from the previous session. By clicking File > Close Tab you are closing a single Brain, and not the whole application.

Cheers, Sean

Sorry I meant to say "The Brain -> Quit".   I am closing The Brain application without closing an individual Brain.  Please see the video at the link below:

https://ratthing.com/~rlopez/tbdemo.mp4
Harlan
You are correct: The location of the splitter between notes and attachments is indeed not saved. This will be resolved in version 10, which sets the location automatically based on how many attachment are present.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
The calendar timeline will appear if you click on an event.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Harlan: 3 questions related to this automatic location setting in Version 10:

(1) If I have 10+ attachments displayed as tabs in TB10, does this mean, the notes window will be WIDE and the plex window will NARROW?

(2) If the same 10+ attachments are displayed as list in TB10, will the number of attachments still affect the location of the note/plex splitter? If so, how?

(3) Will these same automatic location settings apply to both the desktop brain and the V10 web client?
Harlan
Instead of me trying to describe it to you, it's probably better for you to see it for yourself when 10 is made public. 😉
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software