korm
iOS 9. iPad Air.

Thebrain app will not open brains on iOS 9

Webbrain does function in Safari on iOS 9.

We pay a *LOT* of money every year for this product -- there is no visible maintenance except minor tweaks -- there hasn't been a new version in a very long time -- there seems to be no effort to keep customers platform-current.

Maybe dial back on all the marketing hype and focus on customer retention?
zenrain
They have submitted a fix to Apple for this issue and are waiting for Apple to approve it and make it available. Prior to several of us reporting it and providing detailed information they weren't aware of it as it hadn't been replicated in-house. See this thread for more info: http://forums.thebrain.com/post/brain-wont-open-with-ios9-public-beta-7607546?pid=1288985227
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.161
pthompson
korm wrote: iOS 9. iPad Air. Thebrain app will not open brains on iOS 9 Webbrain does function in Safari on iOS 9.

As zenrain mentioned, we have submitted an update to the App Store that will fix the issues with iOS 9. It should be available within the next 10 days so long as Apple approves it within their regular time frame.

korm wrote: We pay a *LOT* of money every year for this product -- there is no visible maintenance except minor tweaks -- there hasn't been a new version in a very long time -- there seems to be no effort to keep customers platform-current. Maybe dial back on all the marketing hype and focus on customer retention?

You can follow along with the next version of TheBrain we are working on right here in our forums via this post.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
andreas
Got the official update and it works- thanks!

From time to time I click on a thought, the thought is loaded but then the program immediately goes back to the old thought. Also with Jerry's brain. Any clues why this happens?

danlandrum
Welcome back, my little friend.
OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton

I am happy to let everyone know that the new version has been approved by Apple and is available directly on the App store now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thebrain-for-ios/id835873357?mt=8

Sorry that we were unable to get this version approved earlier. Your feedback is always welcome. Also, because of the delay in getting our App approved for version 9, we've taken a bit of a hit on our App Store feedback - if you are able to provide a positive review on the App Store, that would help us out significantly.

Thank you!
Matt

zenrain
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Never realized how much I was using it until it was gone. [smile]
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.161
korm
mcaton wrote: I am happy to let everyone know that the new version has been approved by Apple and is available directly on the App store now.
Thank you Matt.  It seems to work well.

"App Store" wrote: "TheBrain: Dynamic Mind Mapping, Not Taking and Information Management"
Otherwise known as TBDMMNTIM.  Definitely the longest app name I've seen -- an over-achiever [wink]

pthompson
korm,

We had to update our app name in accordance with Apple's new policy so we decided to go with a more descriptive name to benefit new users who may not know what TheBrain is. [smile]
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software