Berthold
Hi,

I have a problem since updating to 4.1.2.7.
I have set my Brain to autohide. After some time the Icon turns black and I can't open the brain anymore. I need to kill the process and restart.
As far as I can tell, this has never happened with the previous version.
I am using Java 1.5 and would like to avoid upgrading at this time.

In have attached a number of output.log files from incidents, may be this helps.

Berthold
Axla
Berthold,

This has happened to me as well. Increadably annoying. It happened many versions ago! Just like you, I also had to stop the process, and restart. This happened at random intervals, with unknown trigger.

Hopefully someone will have a solution!

Regards, Axla
Tommy
I also have this problem, since version 4.0x (actually using 4.1.2.5).  I have to kill the process and restart PB, about one time a week.  Hopefully, I did not lose any information, but it's annoying.  I use Java 1.6.0 with WinXP SP2.

I have joined output.log, maybe this could help TheBrain team to solve the problem.  An information that could be useful, is that my computer (at work) has some restrictions , I cannot install new software and I cannot update the registry.  But I succeeded to install PB and it works fine.  (except the fact the I need to kill the process and restart PB one or two times a week).  I also have this problem on my laptop, which doesn't have any restriction.

Berthold
Hi,

as an update. I have the problem quite frequently. I start PB on windoes startup and it dies about once a day on me.
Sofar I have never see any information getting lost, or the brain becoming corrupted.

I am running on XP and I do have admn rights on the laptop I use.

Berthold
Berthold
Hi,

after some playing around, I am now able to reproduce the issue:

PB reproducibly dies if I switch from single screen to dual head display.
It doesn't die if I started PB with 2 Screens active and switch to single display.
There is no message in output.log.

Hope this helps to track this one down. As I walk around with my laptop quite frequently, this is a regular thing. Whenever I get back to my desk, I have 2 screens attached to the docking station and the laptop automatically switches display mode.

Berthold
Harlan
Java 1.5 has a problem working with multiple screens if a screen is added or removed during execution of PB. Please update to Java 1.6 to avoid this problem.
Regards,
-Harlan
Berthold
Ahh, ok. Thanks for the support. I will take another look at java 1.6 then.

BR
Berthold
Berthold

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software