brignall
I've just installed a new version of Java 8.0_60 and now TheBrain won't launch.  I tried uninstalling both but it still doesn't work.  I'm using Version 8.0.2.0a of the Brian on Windows 7 Home Edition with SP1.  It only stopped working today!

Andy ideas?
Steve
brignall
It seems to be linked to a problem in Outlook with something called Redemption Helper Outlook Extension.
Steve
brignall
Problem solved. 

I installed another application with TheBrain running.  The new app added a folder to front of PATH, which had another version of  advapi32.dll in it.  I upgrade theBrain, whcih shut down and restarted and picked up the change to PATH and promptly failed.  By running TheBrain under admin priviledge I saw the exception in the error file that it could not find something in this alternative DLL file.  By moving the new program's folder to the end of PATH, Java now picks up the correct Win32 DLL.

One to watch for others!
Steve
dana
Thanks Steve.

I didn't think this was my problem but when I looked at the log file hs_err_pid7128.log
and sure enough there was a fault in: 

Advapi32.dll cause: The specified procedure could not be found.

Turns out it is an old 2008 DLL found first.

I just removed the DLL by renaming it do Advapi32.dll- for the time being and my Brain is once again working.

I'd have found it on my own but thanks for the tip that confirmed it immediately when I saw the log error.

Too bad developers still can't understand either DLL loading or path loading.

Thanks,
-dana

-dana
AmateurGeologist.com

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software