Brain
Uh...

I created several brains and after re-opening two (2) of them I received an error message saying that they were not properly indexed.

Next, I receive a request to index brain.

When I accept the request to re-index...it seems all the thoughts and links are gone and I'm left with only one main thought.

Help...I'm loosing my minds!

mcaton
Brain,

Can you open one of the Brains having problems and grab a copy of the output.log file?  This is typically located in Program Files/PersonalBrain/.  Please send it in to support@thebrain.com.

Thank you,
Matt
Brain
Sorry Matt,

After the re-indexing incident, I deleted the brains because they were underdeveloped.

I just recreated them because that was the quickest remedy.

If there is a next time, I will save the output file.

Question:
I have created several brains and only see one output file. Should there be an output file for each brain?

P.S. I'm just starting to use the Brain and I love it so far.

P.P.S. Can you tell me how to merge brains?

Thanks Matt!

Brain

mcaton
Output log file is always re-writing itself with each opening of the application.

Merging brain files is something that will get easier in the future.  In the mean time, you can CTRL click on multiple thoughts to add them into the selection box.  Once there, you can Right Click and select Copy Thoughts.  Now you can paste them into another Brain. 

Want to copy an entire Brain?  CTRL click on a single thought.  Then run an open Report (default settings to show ALL thoughts) on the Reports Tab.  Back in the selection box, right click and select ADD REPORT RESULTS TO SELECTION.  Again, Copy Thoughts.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software