fordville
I got a 'Brain already open' in my Ubuntu 14.04 based brain, despite it having run fine for months.  I found the lock file in <brain name>/brain.db but deleting it just caused it to re-write the instance it was deleted.  THIS IS WITHOUT the program open.  (Closing indicates that I no longer want it to run!)

Anyway, I upgraded to the latest version, so it tries download a new copy of my brain.  When I try to extract it it STILL says I have an open brain in the way.  

So, I uninstalled TheBrain completely using the uninstall program in /opt/TheBrain/bin.

AND I STILL CANNOT DELETE THE LOCK FILE!  

So, how and why has a program that I uninstalled, and requested NOT to run still writing files on my system?  

So, while TheBrain runs amok on my system continually writing files and eating up overhead, I cannot use my brain locally AND I'm paying for the online service to sync.  

What's going on and WHY!?  This is infuriating!

Bruce
zenrain
You should email support@thebrain.com for this, you will get a quicker response. I hope they can resolve this for you.
macOS 10.12.5
TheBrain 9.0.192
fordville

Okay, I thought this was their primary support method...

Thanks!

Bruce

pthompson
Bruce,

Thank you for sending in your support ticket. While we are happy to help users on our forums, we usually recommend emailing us at support@thebrain.com
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software