b4l4nc3r
Thought-links in Notes work very nicely! I hoped to be able to use the same link from other apps, like from OneNote for example. I thought about registering the protocol brain://, but wasn't sure whether it would work, so didn't want to waste time before asking around, since it's not possible to register a protocol from the controlpanel in Windows 7.

Is the PB executable supposed to support the In-Note-Thought-Links when used outside of PB? It would be nice if an association/setting script was added to the distributed Zip archive, just like the bin\Register.bat for registering Redemption.dll.
zenrain
Yes, it should register the protocol automatically so you can use that URL to open the PB thought from other programs.
The feature is Windows only for now.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
b4l4nc3r
Thanks Zen. Maybe when using the installer, but not the archive distributable (.zip). That's my guess why it's not registered on my Win7 64bit machine, since that's the version I use, therefor have referenced the manual redemption.dll, which the installer normally takes care of. So at least I'm at square one and a half. Still need help. Anyone?
mcaton
Thanks for pointing this out.  I've tested in OneNote and the Brain:// links seem to be working fine.  We'll take a closer look at an installation from the .zip archive.

Thank you,
Matt
zenrain
D'oh, sorry, missed the distributed zip archive bit.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software