Steeph
Hi

I've just downloaded the new official release 6.0.4.6
Made a backup, uninstalled version 5 and 6.
Installed the new 6 version.
Started it and let it convert my brain to the 6 database.

Now it won't open my brain, it keeps spinning it's logo and doing nothing. No CPU used either.

Output.log is attached.

Please advise

Thanks,
Steeph

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Steeph
More info
  • A reboot did not help unfortunately.
  • A copy of my brain that was converted a little while ago, around version 6.0.3.7 orso, to play around with the beta opens just fine. So it seems the convert in the latest version has broken something.
Thanks
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
Moe
Steeph, Thanks for the info and posting your log file. Our engineers are working on isolating the problem so that they can provide a fix to this problem asap.

Thanks,
Moe

Steeph
Thanks for the quick response Moe, appreciate that.

If you need any more info or tests, I suppose you still have my email address. Otherwise let me know here.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
Moe

Steeph, please try 6.0.4.7 which is up now. Please let us know if you still experience the same problem with version 6.0.4.7.

Thanks,
Moe

Steeph
Hi Moe

Unfortunately 6.0.4.7 did not help, same problem.
I've attached the log again just to be sure.

Thanks

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
Harlan
Steeph,

Based on your log file, this is a different problem - in the log file for 6046, there is an exception corresponding to the fix that we made in 6047. In the log file for 6047, the point at which it failed earlier succeeds without any exceptions but then the log file ends prematurely.

The premature end indicates this second log file was captured either before PB was closed or PB crashed? Please describe what happened and/or upload a new log if you can. If you can send the problematic Brain file to support@thebrain.com, that may help.

Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Steeph
Harlan

I've send a mail to support with a zipped brain and additional details.

Thanks.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
Harlan
Thanks for your help Steeph. 6.0.4.8 fixes the problem you were experiencing.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software