zenrain
When I add the bookmarklet and try to add a page the pop-up flashes on the screen but I'm never taken to the log in screen (or have a chance to see what is on the pop-up). 

Works on Chrome via Extension. 

I've tried allowing pop-ups from TheBrain.com but still have the same thing.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
zenrain
Also, wow. This is a great feature! It's really well integrated. Nice work!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Harlan
Glad to hear you like it. 🙂

I just tried on Safari 12 and can't replicate the issue. Can you please try reinstalling the bookmarklet? (Delete it and then drag and drop it into the bookmarks bar again.)

Any other Safari users out there care to chime in?
Regards,
-Harlan
DrBop
Safari 11.1.2: Logs in and collects web link. BUT my v 10.0.11 is stuck in an incomplete sync ("Preparing remote data…") even after several close and restarts. So after a promising start, no new web clips are now reaching the desktop. And nothing added there is getting back to the server. Need to break the loop.  
zenrain
I tried deleting and re-adding it but get the same thing. Brief flash of a box in the top right corner and then nothing.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
zenrain
Ok, found the issue(s).
First issue, tracked down it was an extension, the 1Blocker button that caused the box to flash and disappear.
Second issue - said items were added but weren't. In Safari 12 had to go to Preferences > Privacy and uncheck the Prevent Cross Site Tracking check box.

Final issue, every time I add something I have to send an error report to TheBrain because of an issue before the link is added. Error originates in TB10. Error reports are being sent. 🙂
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Harlan
Great. Thanks for letting us know about those Safari issues. The errors on the TB10 side should be fixed with 10.0.13.
Regards,
-Harlan
jbaty
The bookmarklet does work work for me in latest Safari if "Prevent cross-site tracking" is disabled, thanks zenrain!

This isn't ideal, as "Prevent cross-site tracking" is a desirable setting, and so in order to utilize the BrainBox bookmarklet I would need to keep the setting disabled. I'd like to avoid that. If an implementation change could be found that would allow the BrainBox bookmarklet to work even with anti-tracking enabled, I'd be all for it!

Thanks
joshsullivan
I am also using 1Blocker, and once the button extension was turned off, it allowed the bookmarklet to show, then turning off "Prevent cross-site tracking" allowed it to save to BrainBox, as @jbaty said this is not optimal as I would like to have Prevent cross-site tracking enabled. Therefore I think either an updated bookmarklet or a Safari extension would be a better implementation.

Thank you

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software