punkmonksf
Yesterday, I used brainzip to transport a brain to my desktop. Upon opening the file, many of the notes in it had disappeared.

I fixed them, manually reproducing them. Zipped again and brought back to my laptop. Many other notes disappeared. No rhyme or reason to which ones don't transport over.

Any ideas what causes this?

Harlan
As far as I know, this hasn't been reported by anyone else... The notes content is contained directly as part of the database, which is completely backed up inside the BrainZip file.

Can you test it again and see if you can replicate it? If so, if you can share the steps to do so, we'll address it ASAP. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
NeverTheLastRiot
When using brain zip i encountered a similar problem. I went to file-->create brainzip. Then clicked ok. I got a pop-up message telling me:

"There was an Error preparing the BrainZip.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Jordanski.brain
(the system cannot find the file specified.)"

Then once i click okay on that pop-up another one appears this time telling me that it has been created and would i like to view the containing folder? No matter if i click yes or no, when i go to open that brain zip its empty and the size of the file is 0kb. I've found a temporary loophole by exporting and importing as an html doc, but id really like to be able to use the zip function.

edit: I seem to have fixed the problem by moving the missing file back to where it should have been and then creating a new brain zip. A simple solution to a stupid problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Harlan
Glad you were able to get everything working.
Regards,
-Harlan
lunedi_hax
When I open a brainzip it says it needs to re-index. This doesn't take long with a small brain but could take a long time with a lot of thoughts. Is this normal?
Darkstar
Yes.

When you import/restore a brainzip, Personal Brain will have to index that brain.
-Darkstar
lunedi_hax
OK, thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software