rengel
Normally, I wouldn't comment on topics that are just a matter of taste. But as TheBrain 9.x ist touted as a product with a 'brand-new native user interface', I'm wondering if the styling of the stock icons matches the styling of the modern Windows 10 and Mac OS icons. To me, they seem to a little outmoded, a breach of style. But that's just a matter of taste, that I wouldn't bring up if this were an open source product...
Reinhard TB 9.0.263.0, WIN 10
mcaton
I appreciate the artistic feedback.  We have considered an update to our icon library, but since it can be manually updated/customized by individual users, this is a lower priority update.  I recently purchased a new library from Nucleo in addition to adding my own, custom icons over the years.  You can create your own sub folder in the icon directory to be used in TheBrain.

Navigate to:

Windows: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\TheBrain

macOS: Macintosh HD/Users/[user name]/.TheBrain/v9/

and open the Icons folder. 

You can also click on Help > Open Log Directory in the desktop app and then move UP one folder level to locate the Icons folder.

Create your own "Favorites" folder and drop in any image files you would like to use as icons. We suggest using 48 x48 pixel PNG files.

Thank you,
Matt

metta
Thanks, Matt, for confirming details associated with importing our own icons.

I love and use the stock icons in TheBrain a lot. However, I also love having the option to add my own icons, as well.

Many thanks!

Also, for others who are interested in sharing their own custom or favorite icons, I've created a new discussion topic here:
> Adding Your Own Icons into TheBrain

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software