gery51
It would be nice if thebrain could detect and report which links are broken.
So that the user is aware from it and can take a decision to adres the problem.

Thanks,
Gerard
metta
+1 - Ideally including links in notes as well as attached links
gery51
Yes Metta this is allready possible with this application underneath, thanks for the support.

Here is a link to a dead link checker with which we can even give more explanation to the user why a link has a dead end.There is also a site check (free broken tool) which crawls within the site to identify the broken links for you to fix it.

https://www.deadlinkchecker.com/error-codes.asp

With kind regards,
Gerard

metta
Looks like it could be a great tool in theory, Gerard.

However, I just now ran a link check on a site that has dozens of broken links, and it only caught 2 of them.

Also tried running it on a small brain where I deliberately added in 2 broken links (1 attachment, 1 note link) -- and it didn't catch either.

Nonetheless, this does give me a good idea to check for a tool like this that might be at least a bit more accurate. ðŸ˜‰

In the meantime, thanks for the suggestion!
gery51
Hi Metta,

Maybe that the webssites have to be indexed first ?? Normally ik takes a few months before that's done.
Did you expand the researched site in your browser first ? 
I look further on too.
Kind regards,
Gerard

metta
Not sure what type of index you mean, Gerard. The site with all the broken links has been online since 1998, it includes a site map and it is regularly scanned by Google's "robots".

This site was not open at the time I ran my search, but I didn't see anything about the sites needing to be open for the dead link checker to work.

In any case, the brain site was open -- and I'm not sure how "indexing" would apply to a brain.
shatcher
Hi,

We do have a ticket to add this type of detection to the data integrity scan. I've updated that ticket with your comments here.

Cheers, Sean
gery51
Ok Shatcher, Thanks

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software