NickHowe
A few others have reported problems with PB4 eating memory or problems restoring windows when it hasn't been used for a while.  In the last couple of days I've had occasions where I've left my PC for 2 or 3 hours.  When I come back to it, PB4 is apparently doing nothing, but is eating 25%+ on average CPU.  The only way to stop it consuming cycles is to exit out of the app.  If I go back in it is OK.

Known problem?

Win XP SP2, PB4.0.4.0

dreynolds
Yes, this is a known bug. This is a memory leak and we are working hard to ensure that this gets fixed ASAP.

Thanks,

DavidR.

Harlan
Nick,

It would help if you notice that when this CPU usage problem starts to occur. We have not been able to reproduce it here on our test/development machines although we have had it sporadic reports of it happening on user systems. Please let us know if you notice any pattern.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan

We found the issue and it has been fix in 4.0.4.1, which is available now.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software