yuryg
Brain Version: 4.0.4.4
Multiple Brains on System

Bug:  Trying to close the brain that opens since a close of the system does not work, neither does Open or Close of the brain.

When TheBrain is ended via the regular close it still remains active as a process.

If you start the brain after this, it tells you that the brain you are trying to start database is locked and that is when you can open another brain.  Although the "bad" brain is still around taking up memory, and actually memory is gained.

This is due to a firewall called Agnitum Outpost Firewall running on the system.  As soon as the firewall is closed personal brain works again.

Pop-ups from the firewall also do not work unless TheBrain is closed.

Harlan

The conflict with Outpost Firewall has been mentioned before - we are investigating this.

Regards,
-Harlan
BHurd
I have yet to confirm this with 4.04.4 but I experience the same problem with the process remaining even though the brain seemed to close.

I am not running any software firewalls.
spytech128
I have a Brain .brn file that I created in PB3.02 and was trying to open and convert it to PB4.0.4.4. and nothing happens. It won't open the file. It won't say that I will have a conversion copy, like before (version 4.0.4.4). I have AVG's Firewall going so, I will test that to see if this is the same kind of issue, somehow.... and yes, it is the Firewall that prevented it from opening. It will open, as long as the Firewall is not active.
Spytech128
Harlan

Thanks for your posts. These issues are being investigated.

Regards,
-Harlan
dreynolds
This issue is due to incompatibility between ESP and the firewall. To correct this click Options >> Preferences. At the bottom of the Options tab under ESP un-check 'Monitor Keyboard.' Restart the brain and this issue should disappear.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software