metta
Running TB9 (v239) on Win 7

Just now dropped a link into the list view on an existing thought, but it didn't show up.

Tried dropping it in again, and received message telling me the link was already attached.

Output log attached.
metta
Never mind. User Error.

The URL was attached -- previously -- on a different thought.
metta
After thinking about this a bit more, I realized why I was confused.

This time, when I tried to drop in a link, I received a message saying the URL was already attached in the brain, but none of the 3 usual "next step" options were provided:
> Cancel
> Add
> Navigate to existing attachment

This makes me wonder: Why would I receive the message notifying me the URL was already in my brain, without also being given the 3 next step options?
mcaton
Metta,

Thank you for sharing this user experience.  Yes, you should be seeing this:  

URL.png 

What does your message look like?

Thanks,
Matt
metta
My message included only the one sentence:
> "This URL is already attached."

There was no question offering for me to continue adding the URL (which I would have done) -- and there were none of the 3 "next step" buttons.

Unfortunately, it didn't register that the message itself was unusual, so I didn't manage to capture an image of it. (I was too perplexed by the fact that the link didn't show up in the attachment list where I thought it should have been placed.)

It was only after reporting the missing attachment as a bug here in the forum that I suddenly realized the notification message itself might have been part of the problem.

FWIW, I haven't run into this issue before or since, but if I do, I'll certainly grab a screenshot.

In the meantime, I hope the output log I provided may be of some value.
metta
Matt ~ 

Just now ran into this issue again. Here's the screenshot I just now captured:

URLAttached-NoOptions.png 

FYI, I had cut and pasted and URL from my browser, and tried to drop it into the attachment list.

None of the following options were provided:
> Cancel
> Add
> Navigate to existing attachment

Running V241 on Windows 7 desktop.
Harlan
This is normal and happens if the URL is already attached to the thought you are trying to attach it to.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Thanks for clarifying, Harlan.

If that's the normal behavior, then I'll keep an eye out for the bug I originally reported here:
> When I was running v239, I received this message even though no attachment link was visible on the current thought.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software