b4l4nc3r
Clicking on a link in the Notes activating a Thought, seems to disable/malfunction the Back & Forward button Accelerators. The effect lasts between 4 to 10 seconds or something like that. Meanwhile, the buttons themselves do work.

Moe
I believe this is because when you click a link to activate another Thought, the focus is put into the Notes tool on the newly activated Thought. Pressing ESC or F3 to put focus back in the Plex the back and forward accelerators should work.

Thanks,
Moe

b4l4nc3r
No, thank you, because you're right. It seems I never bumped against this scenario before, simply because I didn't need to use the Accelerator in the Notes before. Hitting Esc first works just fine indeed. Thanks again.
rhodes

This has been a problem in PB for a long time. There is absolutely no reason why the onus should be on the user to remember to return focus to the plex by pressing F3 or clicking the plex each time before clicking Back or Forward. It might be different if Back/Forward had a different action in Notes, but they don't - the two functions are totally independent. This means three extra chores for the user - focus on plex, go back/forward, re-focus on Notes.

PB should not disable the Back/Forward buttons when Notes has focus. Instead, it should recognize when they are clicked (or the accelerator keys pressed) and automatically move focus to the plex, change the active thought back/forwards, move focus to the note of the new thought and to the last cursor position in that Note. This would enable users to copy/paste between notes without having to worry about transferring focus back and forth all the time.

Moe, I'd appreciate it if you would forward this request to the engineers.

Alan Rhodes
b4l4nc3r
I'm using a program called StrokIT to use mouse gestures to go back & forth. I've just added a "command" to both "actions" to send an Esc key-pattern prior to activating the Accelerator/Hotkeys. Admittedly, I've found out that it will slow down the navigation noticeably! So I've removed it until it hurts more that I've to press Esc when needed, than being able to navigate as fast as possible. App: http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/
glee46
My question is, Will there be mouse click, or gestures to go back and forth?
b4l4nc3r
It will not be natively supported by PB, but as I pointed out in my previous post, you can use StrokeIT. You can tune & configure the gestures in there. <edit type=addition>And it's free for personal use.</edit>

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software