dthede
    I've decided this is a bug.

On a 1920 x 1200 screen, my current list of thought-types exceeds the height of the screen.  In my case, selecting any thought type alphabetically after "Program Manager" is problematic.  Is the list intended to be one screen height long, or is the fly-out capability simply not working just now?  If not working now but on the fix list, then ignore the following suggestion.

Thought types need to fly-out as in standard Windows menus Start > All Programs > [etc.]  If done properly, this would enable users to group (or not) thought types together, and to accomodate many more thought types on screen menu pull-downs.  Right now, I seem to have 20 +/- thought types that are inaccessible to me when assigning a type to a new thought because those existing types are below the bottom of the screen.  This is extremely disruptive in executing the mapping process.

However, the Thought Types which do not appear are nevertheless accessible by highlighting the last Thought Type to appear in the pull-down, then using the down-arrow key to count down to the invisible Thought Type in the list (one key press per invisible thought type), and hitting <ENTER> to assign it to the thought. Painful and slow, but it works.  Create a list with the Thought Type position in the invisible part of the list so you know how many times to hit <down-arrow>.

dthede
mcaton
Thanks for pointing this out.  It will take some time to set up this many Thought Types for a test... you must have a big brain!

I'll add your suggestion to our feature request list and make sure that you are able to easily access ALL options in your thought type list.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
One additional question:

Are you selecting your Thought Type from within the PROPERTIES AND ATTACHMENTS tab, or by right clicking on the thought in the plex?

Thanks,
Matt
dthede
Right-click Thought > Thought Type > select .

I cannot see any way to select the Thought Type via Properties & Attachments.  I can only see a way to specify it by typing in the Thought Type.  That would be a capability which introduces a weakness (inconsistent entry then possible).

From Properties & Attachments I can see a way to edit the Thought Type, but I find no pull-down of Thought Types in that mode
dthede
dthede

If there were a way (see requests for new features section) to report out the Thought Types, I'd send mine and save you the trouble of creating a long list.  Obviously, though, you can simply create a numbered list of types from 1 ... n in a "scrap brain" to see what's going on.

dthede

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software