ruudhein
  1. Create orphan thought
  2. Use keyboard to link to an existing parent

Result:
  • unlinked orphan thought
  • in the recent thoughts bar a second, linked thought with the same name has appeared

1.jpg 

orphan.gif 
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.263.0
mcaton
Ruud,

Your video is perfectly clear, however the same scenario is working for me on both Windows and macOS.  I only thought I replicated once when I accidentally linked it to a Thought Type.  Anything unique about the "Test" Thought you are linking to? Can you link it to any other Thought?

Thanks,
Matt
ruudhein
Matt, that's my sandbox brain where I replicated the issue. I discovered it in my real brain.

Note that it only happens when using the keyboard to link to a parent; dragging to create works perfect.

I can repeat the issue consistently in those 2 brains.

Only change there is is that in preferences I've mapped F12 to create a new parent.
mcaton
Working with me on F12 as well.  Testing continues...

Thanks,
Matt
ruudhein
Strange. If it was just one brain with that behavior....

Anything I can do to help?
ruudhein
To reiterate: this only happens when you create an orphan thought via the search bar, and then try to attach it to an existing parent thought using the keyboard
ruudhein
Related to: create orphan enter for properties repeats creation
mcaton
Ruud,

I've now been able to replicate.  Thanks and I'll document the exact steps for further review.

Matt
mcaton
Ruud,

Just tested in the latest 9.0.246 build and this issue has been repaired.

Thanks,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software