ruudhein
Thought I saw this happen a couple of times but now finally caught one: a parentless topic not showing up in the Parentless report:

parent.jpg 
As you see, Actors is not linked to a parent but also doesn't appear in the Parentless list. Forgotten notes were cleaned/deleted.

v 236
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | TheBrain v10.0.17.0
ruudhein
[update] linking and unlinking the thought doesn't "jiggle" it either
ruudhein
Came across 2 other ones, Psychology and Philosophy.

Verified in TB8 and there both do show up as parentless:

1.jpg 

In the case of Philosophy the web version does show the parent gate filled in:

2.jpg 

...but no parent.
ruudhein
[update] OK, I had a thought (no pun intended [wink])...how about if the type is seen as a parent?

I removed the TYPE from the parentless thought and lo and behold, now it does appear in the parentless report.

I believe this to be a bug. Types aren't meant to count as Thoughts. Also, in previous versions this behavior was not present.
zenrain
Ohhh, nice detective work!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mcaton
I noticed that both thoughts were Yellow. Yes, seems to be that Thoughts with a Type and no native Thought Parent are not showing up in the Parentless Thought list.  I believe this was documented and fixed in the past, but the bug seems to be back.  I'll re-open this issue.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software