ruudhein
Thought I saw this happen a couple of times but now finally caught one: a parentless topic not showing up in the Parentless report:

parent.jpg 
As you see, Actors is not linked to a parent but also doesn't appear in the Parentless list. Forgotten notes were cleaned/deleted.

v 236
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.1.8.0
ruudhein
[update] linking and unlinking the thought doesn't "jiggle" it either
ruudhein
Came across 2 other ones, Psychology and Philosophy.

Verified in TB8 and there both do show up as parentless:

1.jpg 

In the case of Philosophy the web version does show the parent gate filled in:

2.jpg 

...but no parent.
ruudhein
[update] OK, I had a thought (no pun intended [wink])...how about if the type is seen as a parent?

I removed the TYPE from the parentless thought and lo and behold, now it does appear in the parentless report.

I believe this to be a bug. Types aren't meant to count as Thoughts. Also, in previous versions this behavior was not present.
zenrain
Ohhh, nice detective work!
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
mcaton
I noticed that both thoughts were Yellow. Yes, seems to be that Thoughts with a Type and no native Thought Parent are not showing up in the Parentless Thought list.  I believe this was documented and fixed in the past, but the bug seems to be back.  I'll re-open this issue.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software