Manni
In V8, when I enable Presentation Mode, the taskbar goes away so TheBrain uses 100% of the screen.
In V10, when Presentation mode is enabled (thanks again for bringing it back!), the taskbar doesn't go away. Could you make it full screen too? I know we can set the taskbar to go away automatically, but it's likely to pop back up during a presentation if the mouse hovers too close to the bottom of the screen, which is distracting.

Thanks!
TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
Cerebrum
Works fine in Windows 10. No Taskbar.

Also, I see that we can set a keyboard shortcut to Presentation Mode in Preferences, Keyboard, View.
Manni
Window 10 Pro x64 build 1803 here, taskbar stays with V10, not with V8.

Nice to have a shortcut.
TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
Cerebrum
Strange. 
I have the same version of Windows.
Manni
It's in a Parallels VM on a Macbook Pro 13 2018, so might explain some differences. I'll try from bootcamp next time I reboot.

I've assigned CTRL-SHIFT-P to presentation mode in V10 (same shortcut as in V8). Thanks for the heads up. It would be nice to have this by default.
Harlan
Glad you are enjoying presentation mode. Yes, the taskbar should be hidden and TheBrain should take over 100% of the screen. Do you have any utilities installed or other unusual settings that might be affecting your taskbar? Can you try running in safe mode and see if it works properly then?
Regards,
-Harlan
Manni
Thanks Harlan.

No, there is no utility or setting that is preventing anything.

The proof is that V8 does go fullscreen on the same machine, but V10 doesn't.

If I set the taksbar to hide automatically, it does go away, but that's not practical.

Have you changed the way you call the fullscreen function? It looks like you're not doing it the way it works in V8.
Harlan
V8 is a completely different platform from V9/10, so it working in V8 does not tell us much. If you’d like to help us troubleshoot the issue please test in safe mode.
Regards,
-Harlan
Manni
Sure, what I meant is that there is no setting preventing other software (such as V8) from requesting and getting full screen exclusive access.

I did try in safe mode and V10 also fails to reclaim the task bar area.

I'm wondering if it could be specific to Parallels, as it seems to be working for other users.

I'll try to install V10 on my bootcamp partition (same version of Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803), I suspect it will work.

I might try the "game mode" of parallels to see if it helps as well. I'll keep you posted.
Manni
Okay, game mode in Parallels didn't make any difference with this, but I think I found the problem.

If the V10 window is NOT maximised (so you can see some of the desktop background as well as the taskbar) and you enable presentation mode, the taskbar area is reclaimed.

If the V10 window is ALREADY maximized, so the only thing you see (apart from the V10 window) is the taskbar, than presentation mode doesn't reclaim the task bar area.

I'm always full screen with the brain, which is why it didn't work for me. I had to switch to windowed mode to be able to get presentation mode to work.

Can you reproduce?

V8 doesn't care at all, windowed mode or full screen, it reclaims the taskbar area when switched to presentation mode.

At least I found a workaround which is better than setting the taskbar to automatically disappear (when you don't want it to) but of course it would be better if this was fixed.
Manni
Cerebrum wrote:
Strange. 
I have the same version of Windows.

Can you try to maximise the V10 window before calling presentation mode, and let us know if it still works for you?
Cerebrum
Tried it. 
No toolbar but the window is slighter bigger than my monitor: the top, bottom and sides of the window are cut off a bit. Could be enough to cut off the toolbar.
This happens only if I maximize the V10 window before entering Presentation mode. It doesn't happen if I go from a non-maximized window.
Manni
Yep, that's the behavior I have here too (see the post above the post you replied to, I explained it in more details).

Thanks for confirming ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š
mcaton
Replicated and documented.  Thanks everyone!

Matt
Manni
Just to confirm that this seems to be fixed in 10.0.13.0, however if you do switch between presentation mode and normal mode a few times (I use a ctrl-shift-P shortcut defined in preferences), the software crashes: it closes and we are back to Windows desktop. When we next open it, it says that it didn't close normally and offers to open the tab that was open before the crash.

I did notice this behaviour before, so I'm not sure it's linked to this fix.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software