begogerber
Dear Personal Brain,

I'm testing beta 4044 for the first time. Very nice. My security suite is the excellent SystemSuite (www.v-com.com), v 7. The issue below does not happen with PB version 3.0.3.

I found that, when opening, PB locked SystemSuite's firewall, NetDefense, when NetDefense properly asked the question, "Shall I let Personal Brain connect to ....?", which PB tries to do on startup. If I preset NetDefense to allow PB, it's OK, but typically when it asks this question, one chooses Yes or No. With 4044, the dialog window bar of NetDefense says [Not responding] and a mouseover of the dialog gives an egg timer icon. As soon as I close the PB application, the existing NetDefense dialog box becomes responsive as normal.

SystemSuite also has a daily EasyUpdate feature to keep its virus software, etc., up to date. If PB4beta is running, EasyUpdate also hangs when its "Shall I update?" permission dialog box opens up, and the mouse becomes an egg timer over the dialog box.

I'm using a new laptop with 1 Gb RAM, lots of disk space, Windows XP Pro SP2.

How can I assist with information?

Best regards,

Bego

Harlan
Hi Bego,

Thanks for your post. Others have also noted compatibility with Firewalls. We are looking into this and will check for functionality with SystemSuite.
Regards,
-Harlan
begogerber
Thanks,

Bego

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software