ruudhein
I have TB open every day, all day. 

At the end of my day I tend to run a backup. Since the version before 242 it happens 9/10 times that initiating the backup does nothing -- I can still move my mouse and use the computer but TB itself is not responsive. This without a "not responsive" message. Has happened too with getting to the theme menu.

I thought maybe the upgrade process did something so I removed TB and reinstalled; same thing.

Could be "skipping null name" entries, maybe? No idea how to get rid of those though
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.263.0
metta
Thanks for the heads up on this issue, Ruud.

Does this mean you haven't been able to do a backup now in 3 days?

I will be waiting now to update to the current version until I know this backup issue has been resolved.
ruudhein
The longer I have the app open, the more certain it will just lock when I do a backup. Best way for me at the moment is to first exit the app, restart it, then back up.

Not sure what the issue is. 
metta
Thanks for your prompt and helpful feedback, Rudd.
Harlan
Ruud,

If you have not done so already, please send support an email with an output.log file copied right after you experience the "initiating the backup does nothing" problem. Also, please clarify... Are you saying that the dialog asking where to backup to does not appear? Or that the dialog does appear but then when you click the "Backup" button it does nothing?

Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
Will do, Harlan.

Yes, indeed, with this type of freeze the program (242 and the version before that) doesn't show the dialog box (in case of backup) or the menu (in case of theme or preferenes), nothing can be clicked, but the status bar nor the task manager shows a "not responding" message.
ruudhein
So far this bug seems gone. Just did a backup again after having TB open for 9 hours so far, and it just did it.
Harlan
Great. Thanks for letting us know.
Regards,
-Harlan
gery51
It seems i get the same problem when Mac osx turns back from the sleeping mode.

Regards,
Gerard
Harlan
Hi Gerard,

I believe we recently fixed the macOS resume from sleep issue in 9.0.244. If you are not on the latest version, please go to Preference > System > Updates and set to "Alpha", then update.

If it doesn't go away, please contact support.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software