Manni

I'm on the alpha channel for updates in V10 and there is a bug (still present when I tried to update to V14.0.14.0 today from 10.0.13.0) that freezes on the "updating TheBrain" box after download. It has been the same for all the latest alpha/beta after my initial install of TB 10 alpha. You have to close the "update TB Window" as there is no way to cancel.

The download is completed, I can find it in \users\my account\appdata\local\temp\TheBrain\Updates.

If I start the update file manually, it updates fine.

Others have had the same issue, so it's not specific to my setup (see detailed config in sig).

TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
Manni
Just to confirm that this bug is still present in 10.0.17.0
TB V10.0.32.0 running in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809 with Bootcamp on a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz.
mcaton
Thanks for posting Manni. We're taking a closer look.

Matt
Tim363
Yes me too, same problem.
Underdog
I had this problem as well with updating to 10.0.14 and reported this as a support ticket.

What is the file name of the TheBrain installer in your %temp%\TheBrain\Updates, Manni?

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Tim363
I updated manually as mentioned in previous posts and now everything is fine.
Tim363
The file name was: TheBrain 10.0.17.0 Installer
Tim363
And updated the new release manually again.  Still keeps getting hung up...
ruudhein
Idem
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.36.0

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software