Manni

I'm on the alpha channel for updates in V10 and there is a bug (still present when I tried to update to V14.0.14.0 today from 10.0.13.0) that freezes on the "updating TheBrain" box after download. It has been the same for all the latest alpha/beta after my initial install of TB 10 alpha. You have to close the "update TB Window" as there is no way to cancel.

The download is completed, I can find it in \users\my account\appdata\local\temp\TheBrain\Updates.

If I start the update file manually, it updates fine.

Others have had the same issue, so it's not specific to my setup (see detailed config in sig).

TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
Manni
Just to confirm that this bug is still present in 10.0.17.0
TB V10.0.23.0 running in a Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1803 VM (Parallels 14) in Mac OS V10.14 (Mojave Public release). Host is a 2018 MBP 13" with 16Gb of RAM, 2TB SSD and i7 @ 2.7Ghz. Win VM has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available, Mac Host has 8GB of RAM and 2 cores available as well.
mcaton
Thanks for posting Manni. We're taking a closer look.

Matt
Tim363
Yes me too, same problem.
Underdog
I had this problem as well with updating to 10.0.14 and reported this as a support ticket.

What is the file name of the TheBrain installer in your %temp%\TheBrain\Updates, Manni?

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Tim363
I updated manually as mentioned in previous posts and now everything is fine.
Tim363
The file name was: TheBrain 10.0.17.0 Installer
Tim363
And updated the new release manually again.  Still keeps getting hung up...
ruudhein
Idem
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.30.0

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software