Mudhenn
I have to use a proxy with TheBrain. I double-checke that the credentials are right and tried the proxy name and his IP-Adress. But it still refuses to chekc for updates. When I click on "Check for Updates" it says "Ther was a problem checking for updates" and write this in the Ouput.log (no error log created)

Quote: 2017-03-27 08:57:34.9804 | INFO  | TheBrain.Desktop.Deployment.UpdateHelper | [75] Checking for update on channel Stable.
2017-03-27 08:57:35.0594 | WARN  | TheBrain.Desktop.Deployment.UpdateHelper | [83] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at #RAu.#HBx.#NBx.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at #RAu.#HBx.#ubr.MoveNext()
   at #RAu.#B9q.#LBx.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at #RAu.#B9q.#KBx.MoveNext()
mcaton
Frank,

Is downloading directly from http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain9 still working for you?  I'll document your issue for further review, the current version of TheBrain 9 is testing will and should be available on the Beta channel soon and also available for direct download.

Additionally, a full copy of your Output.log file would be great.  You can post here, or upload to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain and reference #3697.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Hello Matt.

Quote: Is downloading directly from http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain9 still working for you?

Yes, if you mean downloading via browser. It just won't work inside TB. It also means that I can't use the Alpha- or Beta-Version, as I can't find direct links to it and can't get them via the internal updater.

Quote: Additionally, a full copy of your Output.log file would be great.  You can post here, or upload to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain and reference #3697.

I have uploaded todays log for you, I have tried to update again so there is something to see today ;-)

hth,
Frank
mcaton
Thank you Frank,

Log file received and is under review.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Anything new on this topic? I am still not able to update directly in the software and because the download links on the website are not always up to date (today I would get .175 when .179 is out) it is a bit of a pita to stay up-to-date.
mcaton
Frank,

Still an open issue, but I just direct messaged you a link to directly download the latest build.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Just checking in, over five month now, still not working.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software