Mudhenn
I have to use a proxy with TheBrain. I double-checke that the credentials are right and tried the proxy name and his IP-Adress. But it still refuses to chekc for updates. When I click on "Check for Updates" it says "Ther was a problem checking for updates" and write this in the Ouput.log (no error log created)

Quote: 2017-03-27 08:57:34.9804 | INFO  | TheBrain.Desktop.Deployment.UpdateHelper | [75] Checking for update on channel Stable.
2017-03-27 08:57:35.0594 | WARN  | TheBrain.Desktop.Deployment.UpdateHelper | [83] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at #RAu.#HBx.#NBx.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at #RAu.#HBx.#ubr.MoveNext()
   at #RAu.#B9q.#LBx.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at #RAu.#B9q.#KBx.MoveNext()
mcaton
Frank,

Is downloading directly from http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain9 still working for you?  I'll document your issue for further review, the current version of TheBrain 9 is testing will and should be available on the Beta channel soon and also available for direct download.

Additionally, a full copy of your Output.log file would be great.  You can post here, or upload to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain and reference #3697.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Hello Matt.

Quote: Is downloading directly from http://www.thebrain.com/thebrain9 still working for you?

Yes, if you mean downloading via browser. It just won't work inside TB. It also means that I can't use the Alpha- or Beta-Version, as I can't find direct links to it and can't get them via the internal updater.

Quote: Additionally, a full copy of your Output.log file would be great.  You can post here, or upload to http://www.hightail.com/u/TheBrain and reference #3697.

I have uploaded todays log for you, I have tried to update again so there is something to see today ;-)

hth,
Frank
mcaton
Thank you Frank,

Log file received and is under review.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Anything new on this topic? I am still not able to update directly in the software and because the download links on the website are not always up to date (today I would get .175 when .179 is out) it is a bit of a pita to stay up-to-date.
mcaton
Frank,

Still an open issue, but I just direct messaged you a link to directly download the latest build.

Thank you,
Matt
Mudhenn
Just checking in, over five month now, still not working.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software