andreas
I tried to copy thoughts and their children, working from a main thought with lots of children. So basically, I was looking at a screen full of thoughts. Then I noticed that for some of the thoughts, the children would suddenly blink out, no children could be seen anymore. Clicking on a thought made them appear again.

Cheers, Andreas 
mcaton
Andreas,

Sounds like a display issue.  Anything unique about your settings and/or environment that we can replicate for testing? Mind map view, screen resolution, dual monitors, etc.

Thank you,
Matt
andreas
Hi Matt

I am running TB10 on a old Macbook Pro Retina, Mid 2012. I had a thought with 47 children all of them of the same thought type and color. Below each thought there were >10 children. All "visible" using "Expand all". Now I clicked on selected thoughts to copy them and their children. Immediately, some children of unrelated thoughts disappeared. This happened several times. But I cannot willingly reproduce the bug.
Cheers, Andreas 
mcaton
Is it possible that the Thoughts need to be removed from the display because the selection box is now open?  Or do you still see a link, drawn to an empty space?  A screenshot may be helpful if you are able to replicate again.

Thank you,
Matt
andreas
Matt,

For a long time, I did not have the issue with the disappearing thoughts. Today, I have found it again. I have just sent you a few screenshots (I don't paste them here because I do not want to have the thoughts out in the open :-) )

And no, it's not the selection box.

Best,
Andreas
billpetro
I'm running TB Beta 10 on a MacBook Pro, Mojave macOS. 

I discovered that I lost a thought tree with several child levels yesterday. Easy enough to recreate, but surprising that it was gone. I created this tree 2 or 3 weeks ago, likely in TB 9.

Thoughts?
Bill Petro
billpetro.com/bio
mcaton
Andreas,

Thanks for sending in a screenshot, I'll take a closer look.  Do you have a ticket number?

Bill,

We'd like some more detail on your issue as well. Thoughts/data disappearing is a serious issue.  Do you remember the name of the thought/s? Have you checked your forgotten Thought list?  Do you see them in a search or in reports?

Andreas described earlier seeing a thought or thoughts disappear on the screen. If you see this take place, and the Thought is truly gone, please send an output.log file (click on Help > Open Log Directory) to support@thebrain.com as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Matt
billpetro
Matt, I just now sent the log to support. I could not find the though in Search nor Show Forgotten Thoughts.
Bill Petro
billpetro.com/bio
mcaton
Thank you Bill - we'll take a look.

Matt
billpetro
Thank you sir.
Bill Petro
billpetro.com/bio

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software