Zirnworks
I'm loving how TheBrain works so far (still on trial) and have almost 400 nodes and counting.  However, a problem:  I can't figure out how to change the color of multiple nodes at once.  Color is an important piece of information for the way I'm organizing things, moreso than types and tags.  

It feels exceedingly tedious to change one a time when I am trying to change, say, 30 at once.  I have a hard time believing this isn't a feature given the polish this software has and the fact that multiple nodes can be edited in other ways.  Fingers crossed it's possible!  
metta
I assume when you refer to "nodes" in your brain you mean "thoughts", right?

If so, this definitely is possible. :-)

(The reason I ask is that the tiny "nodes" or circles on each thought are called "gates" and each of them is colored, as well. However, their color is determined by your theme settings.)

The trick is to create a unique "thought type" and assign the desired color to this type. Then this colored type can be assigned to multiple thoughts at once.

Are you using TB8 or TB9? Instructions for creating and assigning these thought types varies depending upon which version of TB you are using.

If you don't find what you need in any of the following tutorials, just let us know and we can try to point you in the right direction:

> V8 Tutorials: http://old.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/

> V9 Tutorials:
-- http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials
-- In addition, there are quite a few video tutorials available in the "Quick Start Brain" which is available on the "Help" menu in TB9.

Hope this helps! :-)
Zirnworks
Thanks, just got it working.  Thought I'd gone though all those videos, but it appears I missed a couple on second glance.

To answer your question, I'm in TB9.  

To get this working, I didn't create a unique thought type, but instead assigned a unique tag.  I couldn't find the way to assign the desired color to the "thought type" when I added them all to selection via the thought select window.  But if I created a tag then when I clicked the "activate tag" dropdown on the upper left, I was able to see #(tagtitle) in the main window and click on it to change color. 

No way to override/wipe custom formatting though?  I manually changed the colors of a lot of these tags previously, and they are stubbornly holding onto the colors I assigned rather than taking on the type colors.  Still a step in the right direction, anyhow...  Thanks again!
metta
Glad you found a strategy that is, at least partially, working for you.

You wrote: I couldn't find the way to assign the desired color to the "thought type" when I added them all to selection via the thought select window.

I'm not sure I understand what the issue was with assigning the desired color to your thought type:

> Are you saying you couldn't find a way to assign a new color or a new type to multiple thoughts all at once?
-- The only way I know to assign a new color to multiple thoughts is by assigning them all a new type to which the preferred color has been (or will be) assigned.

> Or, were you unable to find a way to set the desired color on a new thought type itself?
-- FYI, I just now checked with support at TheBrain, and I learned they have not yet created a video that illustrates how to set the thought type color properties, but I could explain the process in more detail if it would be a help. Just let me know....

You wrote: No way to override/wipe custom formatting though?  I manually changed the colors of a lot of these tags previously, and they are stubbornly holding onto the colors I assigned rather than taking on the type colors.  Still a step in the right direction, anyhow...  Thanks again!

Manual color changes will always override type colors -- so, if I understand you correctly, each tag with a manual color assignment will have to be reset back to the default, in order for the tag color type to appear. Does this make sense?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software