tcahill
I have used PB to map my business organizational structure. I have found it very useful to keep track of all those ad-hoc inter-relationships.
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
ShelleyHayduk
People networks are another popular application of TheBrain. You can use the Parent child relationships to show reporting structures and then the Jump Thoughts/ links to connect to area of expertise or department. This is what I call interlocking hierarchies. Create on structure for People, one for deparments or diciplines and then make the relevent connections with jumps.

As you browse through your Brain you will be able to see who’s connected to whom for insight tasks like: making new investments, solving crime, understanding industry landscapes, new business development and more effective sales prospecting.

Shelley
NickHowe
I'm gradually using it to build up a picture of the company - or at least how my organization interacts with the rest of the company. As Shelley suggests I have interlocking hierarchies both of people and departments, but also of the products that we take to market, the channels that we go to market through (we use a lot of partners, for example).  Our intranet includes employee pictures in the address book, so I add my outlook contacts to people as hot attachments, and use the pictures as the thought icon. 

All this comes into its own because I use PB4 as my master to-do list.  I link my actions to the relevant people, orgs, products, etc. to get a comprehensive view of who I need to involve, or who might be impacted by something.

ShelleyHayduk
If you havn't already, I suggest creating Thought and link types for types of positions or experts, as well as link types for specifing relationships. You can also adjust the thickness of links to convey strength of relationship.

In this screen shot there are different colored links for different relationship types. Note the "spouse" relationship link is thicker than "golf partner" to visually communicate influence of people.
Shelley
ShelleyHayduk
In this example you can see icons/Thought Types to mark position in the company. Green icon indicates manager, blue is Director, and red is executive. 

This Brain shows us that Terry Mason, manages Daniel, Bill, Elizabeth, Fred etc, as displayed below as child Thoughts. While Terry reports to Barbara Powers. Upward reporting structures can easily be visualized by the Parent/Child relationship. You can also add location to the mix if it is a geographically dispersed Team.
Shelley

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software