grave

Can't delete old events.

Can't save new event.

5.5 first beta

Vista

JohnMR
Looks great - but on my system the calendar refuses to work. I can enter info, but when I click 'Save' nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

(Also none of my calendar entries from the previous version are showing.)

My system is Vista.
zenrain
Same here, Windows XP SP2.

Edit: Tested some more. Deleting an event does delete the event. However, it doesn't refresh the task list until you mouse to another thought and back.

Creating an event will create the event when you click [Save]. It will not close the window. When you click the x button, or [Cancel] it closes the window, the event stays intact (I don't think it should if you click cancel).

The buttons to toggle between the Calendar views behave inconsistently, or not at all.
In the month view, clicking on the day doesn't function. Clicking on the week adds the month text to the days, but stays in month view.
In the month view if you click on the week number (on the right), it will take you to week view. From this view you can access the day view. As far as I can tell, I haven't been able to go back to the month view.
Clicking the year or month text in the heading no longer changes the view to list all the months, or change years. The Today button doesn't seem to work either.

Whew. 

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
Should have created a new post instead of just editing the original to show there have been changes. Sorry.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
grave

Zenrain, you right!

Deleting works but doesn't refresh task list.

But I can't create new event in some thoughts. It's like a lottery

Calendar view buttons stop working after a few clicks or some time. I'm not sure, it very unstable.

Moe
Thanks for the feedback guys. We will look into this.

Best regards,
Moe

zenrain
Moe, I've discovered further issues with creating Calendar events and deleting them.

I've e-mailed support with event logs and a screenshot.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
Same thing happens in Suse Linux.

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

JohnMR
Just downloaded 5.5.0.1-b.

The calendar problem is still there. None of my calendar entries are showing up, and I can't add new events. I get the event entry screen, but when I click Save, nothing happens. Event entry screen stays open, and when I close it the event has not been recorded.

Hope you manage to fix this soon, because I love the look of the new calendar.
grave

Quote: can't add new events

Same here

jostber
I can save events now, but I cannpt delete them. When I try to delete an event, the reminder window pops up instead.

jostber
It seems like the event reminder box is now popping up pretty uncontrollably too.

Shiiko
jostber wrote: I can save events now, but I cannpt delete them. When I try to delete an event, the reminder window pops up instead. 

Finding the same thing.  And the reminder window refuses to disappear, even upon restart or by setting a reminder into the future. The only way that it goes away is by clicking on the X on the top right corner, but then it goes away for 2 minutes and returns.

Eliminating the Past Due Events and Reminders window should be a top priority.  I can't work with PB with this thing opening on top of my workspace every 2 minutes.  It's obnoxious!
Click image for larger version - Name: Calendar.jpg, Views: 437, Size: 35.61 KB
jostber
jostber wrote: It seems like the event reminder box is now popping up pretty uncontrollably too.

Is there a way to delete events manually to prevent the reminder box from popping up?

Moe
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Our engineers are currently looking into this.
Try exporting to PersonalBrain XML then re-import into a new Brain. I believe this will clear the reminders from coming up every few minutes and when you close and re-open PB.

Best regards,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software