SmartDust
Release 6.0.3.1-b 
Windows XP SP3
Java 1.6.0_21
dual monitor config

Calendar does not resize properly in presentation mode. works fine in normal mode

BRgds

Siegfried
zenrain
This may be related.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Moe

Siegfried,

Thanks for posting. Seems to be working for me in 6.0.3.2-b. I tried resizing the calender on both of my monitors in Presentation Mode without any problems. When I tried, I dragged the left edge of the Calender to expand it horizontally. I also dragged the top edge to expand it vertically which also expanded my Notes. Am I missing a step you are taking which causes the problem to occur?

Thanks,
Moe

SmartDust
Moe,

In presentation mode, a part of the calendar is cut off (see attached picture, the bottom row is missing).
Normally this would resize automatically to show the whole month.
The notes area suffer from this as well. Apparently PB thinks the screen estate is larger because the bottom end of the scroll bars are off screen. In normal presentation everything works fine. This only happens in Presentation mode.

Best Regards

Siegfried

Click image for larger version - Name: calendar.JPG, Views: 171, Size: 36.89 KB
Moe
Siegfried, Thanks for the screen-shot. I was still unable to reproduce this problem when testing for it. Please reproduce the problem on your system then close down PB. Next, please forward a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com referencing this post. The log file may give us a further indicator of what might be causing the problem. You can find the log file in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your system.

Thanks,
Moe
SmartDust
Still happening in latest beta 6.0.3.5-b output log attached. PB thinks the screen is actually higher than it is (2nd monitor 1280*1024 1st monitor 1280*800). PB is docked on the 2nd monitor. When put in presentation mode part of PB drops off at the bottom of the screen with no way to actually go there to resize (this is presentation mode).

Moe
SmartDust,

Can you post a screen-shot of the your Display Settings for your Monitor. See the last screen-shot on this page.

Thanks,
Moe

SmartDust
Here you go

Click image for larger version - Name: PB_screen_1.JPG, Views: 102, Size: 34.24 KB Click image for larger version - Name: PB_screen_2.JPG, Views: 102, Size: 34.42 KB
SmartDust
Don't know if this helps:
docking on screen 1 and switching to presentation mode works like it  should. Docking on screen 2 and switching to presentation mode cuts away a part of the display as described above.

Brgds

Siegfried
SmartDust
Any update on this?

Moe
sigfried,

Your output.log file does not contain any information on the problem. We have  tested for this problem on multiple machines in our test environment using dual monitor setup but have not been able to reproduce the problem.  Try the following to see if the problem persists.

1. Change your resolution to a different resolution.

2. Update your video card drivers if they are not up to date.

Thanks,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software