Peter93
Hi,

in the release notes of V8 (Mac OSX) it reads: "Fixed: Various issues with syncing to Google Calendar"
This is something I was waiting for some time now. But still, when I try to synch with my Google Calendar I see none of it's dates in my calendar in TheBrain. Appointments I make in TheBrain also don't appear in Google Calendar.

Am I the only one with this problem? Or is there something I am missing?

Please let me know, thanks!
pthompson
Peter,

Does it appear the sync takes place and you are just not seeing any information? What type of gmail account are you syncing with; Business, Personal, etc.? Keep in mind TheBrain only syncs with the main calendar in Google Calendar. Any additional information you can share will help us troubleshoot this issue. Thank you.
Peter93
Hello Patrick,

yes, the synch seems to work (loading bar finishes) but there's nothing to see on the calendar. I'm synching a personal Gmail account. I also have several calendars for specific topics in Google Calendar, but I also tried to synch with events from the main calendar, they also don't appear. 
pthompson
I've tested this several times and see no issue on my end. Perhaps we can setup a web meeting to troubleshoot this in person. If you would like to do this, send me an email via support@thebrain.com
Parkerman
I am finding the calendar synching works really well and would suggest that non subscription users of Version 7 Pro of TheBrain also deserve the fixes as an update too as I am aware from the forum that several have been awaiting the proper functioning of this key version 7 advertised feature for some time.

When I first installed TheBrain 8 Beta I did so on a separate older computer running Windows XP Pro, after uninstalling the previous version and old Brains.  My first action was to create a clean simple new test brain with a few random thoughts then run the Calendar synch with my Google Mail calendar. All calendar entries seemed to arrive fine.  

I then edited one of the imported calendar events changing the date/time to a single event now 5 days on.  Weirdly the entry then appeared on both days but not on days in between.  When I clicked on the event at both day locations on the calendar it showed the amended date and time fine.  I tried various different views and moving around thoughts, selecting other tabs etc to no avail.  After trying various amends to it the entry still annoyingly displayed on the original date.  When I completely exited TheBrain 8 Beta and returned to it the calendar entry was now correctly just showing on its amended day.  I tried to edit another event but that was fine and I also ran a new synch and carried out more date edits without issues. I have not been able to reproduce since.  This leads me to wonder if there is some kind of updating or indexing that does not function correctly after a first synch or intermittently that requires closing and reopening TheBrain as a current workaround.  Just flagging this up in case it repeats for anyone else and with a hopefully helpful hint of what to do.

Cheers, Chris

ps congratulations to TheBrain Team on getting the long awaited 8 Beta out in Public. Whilst Shakespeare correctly posed "what's in a name" I am nevertheless still looking forward to it being named appropriately too.  Version 7.9.10 is not indicative of Version 8 Beta and it does give the unconvincing tired impression of "same old same old"

--------------------------------
TheBrain Pro Version 7.0.4.5
J-1.7.45
Windows 7 32bit
Online Subscription

Also Beta 8 (7.9.10)
J-1.7.45
Windows XP 32 Bit

pthompson
Chris,

Thank you for the walkthrough. I will test this on my end as well.
Visnet
I did a test with calendar from my side too. It seems to work finally!
I used my personal gmail account and will do another test with my professional google account which is more complex I think.

I will do this as a longer test, making sure it will also process het changes in that calendar.

This would be really good news, to finally being able to use the calendar correctly.

Wim

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software