zenrain
After upgrading to 4.5.1.0 or 4.5.1.1 (I just noticed this so am not sure which) all my calender events are missing. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: The tasks aren't gone, but all tasks entered prior to upgrading are no longer on the calendar. New tasks update the calender correctly.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
NorthFarm

Nope, mine are still there.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 8.0.2.2 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_121
...and now testing TheBrain 9.0.158.0 :-)
twospoons
Oh... that's not good. I've got a lot of historical dates saved as events on specific thoughts. I'll be interested to see where this ends up.
Wes
zenrain
Update, also seems that all types were lost during upgrade.
Formatting and labels were retained.

Upgrade from 1.5.1.0 done from Mac, not Windows machine.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
Update - Using the Rebuild Database utility resolved all these issues. Calendar items and Thought types were restored.

Edit: That is until I shut down PB. Then when it restarts, back to the original issues.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Can you please post an output.log file? Please do so after you have gone to a thought that has events on it that have since disappeared. Also, please confirm:

When you upgraded, the events you had added prior to the upgrade disappeared, but new events did not cause a problem.

After rebuilding the database, the events that had disappeared reappeared.

After closing and restarting, the events disappeared again, but the new event you entered after upgrading were still there.

Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Also, do you notice anything special about the events that disappeared? I have tested this and can't seem to replicate it. All of my events are as they were prior to upgrading.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
Thanks for your reply. The events hadn't disappeared, they were still there, however they didn't appear on the calendar itself. New events updated the calendar correctly. Events prior to the upgrade weren't on the calendar.
Rebuilding the database restored the events back to the calendar, and the thought types until I shut PB down.

I ended up rebuilding the database, then immediately creating a brainzip, removing the old brain and restoring the brainzip. I may have thrown another rebuild in there also. This seemed to have resolved the issue, as my thought types are back, and everything appears on the calendar (even after a restart).

Sorry, I didn't think to grab an output.log. I believe I have a backup of the database with the issue, I'll see if I can restore, recreate and post one.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
zenrain
I was able to restore brainzip and recreate the issue. Output logs have been e-mailed to support.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Glad you were able to get it working. Thanks for your persistence in recreating the issue for us. We'll find out what was going wrong.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
Alex,

Log files were recieved and have been submitted to Engineering.

Thanks!
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software