ethanlynn
Can't use simplified chinese input method to input chinese to notes. English input method work fine.
chinese input method can be used on thought names. Could you help to check and fix it?

My OS is windows 10, use its default simplified chinese input method.
thebrain version is 9.0.215.
Mac won't suffer from this problem.
Harlan
We are aware of this problem and are researching how to fix it. Unfortunately it is a bug in one of the underlying libraries that we use so it could be more challenging to address. In the meantime you may find it easier to use an attachment (a text file for example) when you need to use that input method.
Regards,
-Harlan
ethanlynn
Thanks for quick reply, is there any bug to track this issue?
Harlan
Yes, our internal issue number for this is 4220.
Regards,
-Harlan
metta
Just wondering if the import of special characters into the notes editor is related to this bug?

I've never been able to successfully insert a special character of any type into any of my V9 notes. Some strange ascii text is dropped into the note, instead, but this text is never the special character I requested.

Running TB9 (V216) on Win 7 PC and Notebook -- Dealing with the same issue on both machines.
mcaton
Metta,

Could potentially be related.  What are the special characters you are trying to insert? Can you provide some examples, screenshots or a sample document that we can use for testing?  I can either append these to the existing feature request or start a new ticket.

Thank you,
Matt
metta
Thanks for your prompt feedback, Matt.

I'm heading into an appointment now, but I'll be glad to provide a few screen shots during the next day or two....if not this evening.

Thanks again!
Metta
metta
Running TB9 (V216) on Win 7 PC and Notebook -- Dealing with the same special character bug (and get the same results) on both machines.

Here's an image of 4 special Wingding characters I just now tried to add:

SpecialCharacters.jpg  

Here's the result I get when I insert each of these characters into my notes.

SpecialCharactersBugs.png 

FYI, I consistently get the same alternative symbols each time I try to insert these special characters.

I have not yet tested this issue with any other special character sets.

I have never been able to get this function to work, starting with my very first V9 installation last year.

Hope this helps.
mcaton
Confirmed.  I'm seeing the same results with Wingdings.  I'll see if engineering wants this appended on #4220 or documented as a new feature request.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Sounds great, Matt. Thanks for confirming and forwarding to engineering.
ethanlynn
Any progress for now, this issue still bugs me. Since I like your service so I already order your service, would love to see it fix.
mcaton
We're hoping the original issue of Chinese characters (as well as Japanese, Korean, etc.) in the notes will be resolved soon.  It is in active development.

Thank you,
Matt 
ethanlynn
Could you point me to the library you used for notes editor?
sherlockcool
mcaton wrote: We're hoping the original issue of Chinese characters (as well as Japanese, Korean, etc.) in the notes will be resolved soon.  It is in active development.
Thank you,
Matt 

Could you tell me if the problem has been solved  thank you very much[smile]
Harlan
Thanks for your patience. Yes, we have a fix for the issues related to CJK characters on Windows but it is not yet released. We hope to include it as part of the next build.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software