Jadzia
Hi I restored my brain with a vista backup and restore and now get the following message

Personal Brain 4 could not create or connect to the database.
Please make sure you do not already have this brain open and try again.

Details user not found: SA

Anyone know how I can get into it?

Cheers

agnor
Hrm.  Did you make any changes to the users on the system?  What was the reason for the backup/restore?  That might provide some clues as to why you have this problem now.

I'd look for user problems or local/network permission issues first.

Jadzia
I rebuilt the computer as a program I had installed (Nero) was causing BSOD. I used the same username password on the rebuild as I did originally. User SA is nothing I would use so it has me stumped!
Another brain I used to experiment with opens fine - just not the "important" one.
mcaton
Can you please regenerate the "could not create or connect to database..." error and immediately send me a copy of your Output.log file?  The file is typically located in C:/Program Files/PersonalBrain/Output.log.

Send the file directly to matt@thebrain.com.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
I recieved the files.  We will review with the engineers and get right back to you.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
We had a chance to review the output.log file.  It seems that this Brain file was opened once in the 4.2 Beta version.   Brain files are not backwards compatible and thus will not open in 4.1.x.  Upgrading to the latest 4.2 should fix the problem.

Thanks,
Matt
Jadzia
Thanks for that - It looks like last time I downloaded the beta version not the stable version. Will upgrade now.

Cheers

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software