ChrisCase
I'm unable to drag URLs into the Brain in v6 in Windows 7.  Possible explanation?
zenrain
Here's two:
PB 6 was designed to work with a version of Java that is over 6 years old now, and either doesn't work correctly with Windows 7, or you are using a version of Java which that version of PB which isn't compatible with due to Java revision changes since then.

As for a possible solution I'm hesitant to recommend anything since it's mostly working and if you aren't running the latest version of Java, upgrading to the latest version may break things. If you are running the latest version of Java, downgrading to a version that may work will open up serious security holes.

Maybe verify you are starting PersonalBrain as Admin? See if that works? If I remember correctly you are a SiteBrain user so I don't think recommending you upgrade is viable unless you are ready to move to WebBrain.

Sorry. 
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
mcaton
Is the issue only with URL's?  Seems odd.  I would expect drag and drop to be an all or nothing scenario.  Do you have the latest possible update of your web browser?

Thanks,
Matt
ChrisCase
Which version of Java would PB6 work with?   How do I ascertain if I am starting PB as Admin?   I do use Webbrain,but there are aspects of Sitebrain which Webbrain lacks, so I do sometimes export sitebrains.
zenrain
Right click the program, run as administrator and see if you can drag and drop. If you can, search your search engine of choice to find out how to set it to happen automatically (I'm not sure, haven't used Windows for a long time).
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.230
ChrisCase
Which version of Java would be contemporaneous with PB 6?
pthompson
PersonalBrain 6 is most compatible with Java 6.
ChrisCase
Thanks. I'll try that, if I can find it...

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software