StevenMay
I'm trying out PersonalBrain and WebBrain at the moment but I can't edit(add/move and etc.) thoughts in WebBrain, I just don't have any controls for that, I've watched video tutorial and it showed that it's possible and there are controls for that in WebBrain (gates),  so my questions is what's wrong and how to edit WebBrain. Here is screeneshot 

I'm using chrome 11
Tried firefox 4 and got the same problem
zenrain
Hmmm, just tried in Firefox 4 and I was able to edit my WebBrain.
Several things:
  • Verify you are logged in.
  • On the right, above the name of your brain, verify it says View with Ajax. If it says View with Java, you are using the Ajax interface which doesn't have the capability to edit your WebBrain.

macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
StevenMay
thanks for the reply, zenrain
Yeah I'm logged in, it seems I'm missing some of the interface elements, I don't have view with Ajax option either.
Here is a screeneshot of a full screen
zenrain
Sorry, I wasn't looking close enough at your first screenshot. It looks like you do have the option to edit your brain already. You have the Edit Notes button available.

If you right-click a thought, do options appear (like create child etc)?
Also, if you drag a child thought above the active thought, does it become the parent thought?

macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
Moe
At the current time, if you load a webbrain in your web browser, if webbrain does not detect you have Java installed it will default to the Ajax view (which is what looks like is happening on your machine). If that is the case, you will not see the option to switch views. Can you check to make sure you have Java enabled in your Chrome and FireFox browser.

On a side note, we are going to be pushing out a large scale update to webbrain on Friday May 6th from 12:00 am Pacific Time, 3:00 am Eastern time. The webbrain service will resume back on Friday, May 6th 8:00 am Pacific Time, 11:00 am Eastern Time. One of the changes will be that you can edit your webbrain in the Ajax view.

Thanks,
Moe
StevenMay
thanks for replies, I've uninstalled and re-installed Java and rebooted and it finally works. 
Is it possible to launch website links from WebBrain currently? Or view any notes?  I would like to use it as a bookmark manager in a constantly pinned tab in chrome. (and the desktop app for everything else). 
StevenMay
It seems like the soulution is to have website links in the thought notes...  The notes load rather slow though, hopefully the update will improve that
StevenMay
I can't open any web brain at the moment, any idea whats wrong? Seems like the update made it complettely impossible to use
It says
 Problem Encountered

The requested Brain does not exist.

Harlan

That's strange - can you post the URL that appears in your browser when you try to open your Brain? Also, what browser are you using?

Regards,
-Harlan
StevenMay
Ok, here is an example, I tried some of the most popular brain from the main page
I've tried with Chrome and Firefox both latest version. also same problem in IE 9.
 it says

Welcome to TheBrain Technologies

Sorry, the page you are trying to access does not exist.

You will be redirected to our home page in 10 seconds.

Requested page: http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/3D80058C-14D8-5361-0B61-A061F89BAF87/nullplexpage/brain/3D80058C-14D8-5361-0B61-A061F89BAF87/?

Moe
Steven, Thank You for posting the additional info.

It looks like extra information is getting added to the URL you are requesting. For example, for the URL you posted (http://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/3D80058C-14D8-5361-0B61-A061F89BAF87/nullplexpage/brain/3D80058C-14D8-5361-0B61-A061F89BAF87/?) only the first part which I have linked above should be present. However, somehow the extra information (see the red text) is being appended onto the requested URL. We are not quite sure how this could occur.

I will be sending you an invite for an online meeting via support@thebrain.com so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Moe
StevenMay
Thanks, Moe.
I tried to use webbrain on my other computer and it worked perfectly so I did a restore from a previous system image on my current pc (with Acronis) and got it working correctly so the issues is resolved
Moe
Steven, Glad that you were able to resolve the issue by the restore . Since you were able to resolve the issue on your own, I will close the support ticket I forwarded you for the web meeting invitation.

Thanks,
Moe
ChrisCase
What can be done to get Webbrain to recognise the undeniable fact that I have Java installed? I would like to have the Java features...
mcaton
Chris,

The new WebBrain upgrade is all HTML 5.  The java versions were becoming unreliable on many different environments.  Details in the new tutorial at http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/sharing/html5/.

Thank you,
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software