rengel
In TheBrain 8.x, I've been using 'Edit|Capture Image to Clipboard' very frequently. Now I've upgraded to 9.x. Is this function still available? If so, where?  ('Capture image' on a thought, does not suffice!)
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
Cerebrum
As far as I can tell, the feature is not available in TheBrain 9.

The Windows Snipping Tool has been available since Windows 7.
Have you tried using it?
rengel
Oh, well!?!

The function is well hidden: (+) Add Attachment | Button: Capture Image

metta
I also haven't found a way to use this feature to capture images of my notes, which I use all the time in TB8. (The notes are hidden when the "Tab" toggle is used in TB9.)

This has been documented as a feature request, though, and I am definitely hoping this option will return.
rengel
@metta

First capture an image as an attachment.
Then copy the image in the attachment and paste it into your note.
Yes, complicated, but at least it works.

(Why make it easy, if you can make it complicated?)

metta
Thanks for the suggestion, rengel, but I don't see how your recommendation helps me to capture a screenshot of my notes, which I can currently do in TB8, but not in the TB9.

TheBrain 8:
> Edit > Capture Image to Clipboard > Tab Returns to TB interface where I can capture a .png screenshot of my current note

TheBrain 9:
> + (add attachment) > Capture Image > Tab Returns to TB interface where my notes are HIDDEN

Update #1
Just now confirmed this feature request has already been documented.
metta
Update #2
I just now found another way to capture images in TB9, and it DOES allow us to capture images of our notes -- but they are NOT saved as image attachments. Instead, the screenshot is automatically dropped in TB9 as a thought icon:
> Navigate to the thought/note you want to capture
> Right click on the thought name
> Select "Capture Image"
> Tab: Return to TB interface where you can capture a screenshot of your current note -- at which point the screenshot is automatically applied to the thought as a thought icon (rather than an as an attached image)

Feature Request
> Can the last step in the preceding process be changed such that the captured image is dropped in as an attachment instead of as a thought icon?

-- With this change, the behavior with the the right click menu option to "Capture Image" would match that of the + (add attachment) "Capture Image" option -- and then, if we want to make the image a thought icon, that can be an optional (manual) choice.

-- Without this change, retrieving the capture image requires the following steps:
* Right click
* Open thought folder
* Open .data folder
* Copy icon
* Paste as attachment <== Ooops! Just discovered this last step does NOT work. Perhaps this is an additional bug?

FYI, I've tried copying the "Capture Image" icon 2 ways (as a file in the file manager and as an open image) and neither option will allow me to paste the image as attachment using either the following options:
> Right click > Drop copied image as an attached
> + (Add attachment) > Paste File
ICU_MD
For what is worth, if you are in a Mac, you can use "Command+Shift+4" to capture any portion of the screen, and then use the pgn file to drop it on your thought or on your note section (you can actually change the type of the file generated by the capture to jpg or pdf if you want, but that's another discussion).
Juan Gutierrez, M.D.
zenrain
ICU_MD wrote:
For what is worth, if you are in a Mac, you can use "Command+Shift+4" to capture any portion of the screen, and then use the pgn file to drop it on your thought or on your note section (you can actually change the type of the file generated by the capture to jpg or pdf if you want, but that's another discussion).

I do this all the time. Excellent tip. 😊
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
metta
Update on Capturing Images of Notes on a PC:
> Matt previously indicated this has been documented as a feature request.

In the meantime, there's a relatively simple way to capture an image of the thought notes with the current TB9 features:
  • Right click on the thought name to open the desired thought in a new window (NOT a new tab), with the note contents visible on screen.
  • On the original thought, navigate to the attachment (+) tab.
  • Select "Capture Image" > Capture image of notes as desired ==> Image will be automatically attached to the thought as a screenshot, and the extra window will be closed.

Cerebrum
Metta, congratulations! You now have 1,000 posts. Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€ž

I see that you changed your user name as part of the celebration.

Edited: I see that there's a change to how user names are displayed.
metta
How funny is that! You are so observant, Cerebrum.

I hadn't noticed the post count -- and I didn't change my user name. Perhaps it is a new forum feature? ðŸ˜‰ðŸ™‚
metta
Oh, weird! We just lost the option of editing our posts. Hope that option will be restored!

The update I was going to add to my post is that it looks like the names assigned to our accounts are ALL now showing up for anyone who's included their actual name on their account.

(See Alex/ZenRain above)
Cerebrum
Yeah, I see now that the forums show the "Full Name", followed by the Username.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software