jbaty
I frequently want to link a thought to a different parent.

I seem to remember that in TheBrain 8, if I held the shift key down while linking a thought to a new (parent) thought, it would remove the existing link to the previous parent. This doesn't seem to work in v9. Has my memory failed or has the behavior changed?

Now, I have to link to the new parent, then unlink manually from the original parent. This can be tricky when there are many links scattered around the Plex.
pthompson
jbaty,

It's not possible yet, but it's definitely being worked on (#1379).
HeinrichUnger
Thats fine. It is a feature I need.

thx Patrixk
Harlan
This is included in 9.0.121.
Regards,
-Harlan
smieg
Any chance we can also get a custom Arrange By Order that would allow users to arrange thoughts based on their drag and dropped location?  This would be very useful when categorizing thoughts after a brain storming session where order is important but cannot be based on name, type or date.

Thanks,
Andy
mcaton
Andy,

This is a feature request that has been around for a long, long time.  Anyone else remember when this existed in TheBrain 3.0?  TheBrain ran on a much different platform back then.  Today's platform is significantly improved, but it makes this specific task (custom thought ordering) much more difficult.  

In the mean time, you can always order your thoughts alphabetically and name them 01, 02, 03, etc. This is a popular choice. I prefer to use "Arrange Thoughts by Type," so large clusters of child Thoughts are grouped together by their Type (or classification).  More info on Thought Types available at http://www.thebrain.com/support/tutorials/types-and-tags/thought-types/ if you are interested.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software