wadesmart
20081111 1404 GMT-5

Opera is my browser of choice right now and it is selected as so under Preferred Applications on Ubutnu 8.04 but when I click on a link in TB it opens Firefox. I cant see how to changed this.

Wade
jostber
Close PB, and then try to change these lines in this file:

~/PersonalBrain/res/DefaultUnixCommands.properties

In the lines that starts with htm= and html= , change the order of firefox and opera. Restart PB and try to click a url.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
wadesmart
Ah, thanks for that. If getting the rest of whats wrong with PB on linux were so easy

m00nk
Quote:

This file is absent in PB5. How I can change the default browser in PB5 ?
jostber
m00nk wrote:
Quote:

This file is absent in PB5. How I can change the default browser in PB5 ?

What do you get when you run this command in a terminal?

ls ~/PersonalBrain/res/D*

m00nk

Here is a screenshot of a part of my home folder. It contain the hidden folder .PersonalBrain, but it don't have a "normal" folder PersonalBrain. 

In any case, the sub-folder "res" with the file "DefaultUnixCommands.properties" is absent.

System: Ubuntu 10.04, PB 5.5.2.4

Click image for larger version - Name: ss_001.jpg, Views: 156, Size: 81.04 KB
jostber
I guess you must have installed Personal Brain to somewhere else than ~. Try to reinstall PersonalBrain and select "/home/username/" when asked in the installer.

m00nk

I have installed PB in /opt/PersonalBrain/, but the /opt/PersonalBrain/res folder contain only one .properties file: converter.properties

I don't want install PB (or any other soft) into my home folder because I think it's bad for security.

jostber
Try to put the attached file in your "res" folder and see if that works.

m00nk
Yes, it's works. Thanks.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software