ChrisCase
i seem to remember it being said that the problem of code disappearing from the HTMl view of notes had been fixed, but it still happens frequently.  Quitting and reloading PB doesn't make any difference.
stevew
I have HTML code embedded in notes that is similarly afflicted.
Lines like:
<param value="#ffffff" name="bgcolor"/>
are truncated to:
<param value="#ffffff name=" />

Thank you for all the hard work!

Steve.

hock
Steve,

The members of this forum have nearly universally come to the conclusion that the bought-in, 3rd party notes (html) editor  does not deliver the level of excellence which the rest of PB4 has. Buying in the licensing rights to use another java  html editor would set back the PB enterprise by at least $10,000 and would add functions most of us who do websites simply find hard to live without. Harlan has asked for recommendations for java based html editors, so far none of us in the private beta has come forward with products that we work with and could recommend unreservedly ...

Eugen Hockenjos
hock/london

Quote:
Thank you for all the hard work! - Steve.

hock/london

Win7pro, PB 7.0.4.5, J - 1.7.0
Harlan
As far as I know, the current notes editor is the best available HTML editor for Java. While it's not perfect, it's certainly not without its supporters. Again, if anyone has suggestions on alternatives, we are happy to look at them. It's not so much a matter of cost as it is development resources. We chose a Java based editor so that we wouldn't have to have a different editor for each OS (Windows, Mac, Linux). If we can't do that, we'll waste a lot of time building things twice...

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand:

Steve, I tried copying the code you posted into the HTML view of notes and it seems to be preserved without issue in the latest release (4062).

Chris, can you post an example of the HTML you are having trouble with.

Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
It's not specific HTML, but specific notes. Usually it's been standard YouTube embedding code.  I can usually solve the problem by deleting and recreating the thought and then trying again,  or sometimes by quitting and restarting PB..
Harlan
Sounds like an updating problem, not a code removal problem. If you have a code removal problem it will be present if you simply switch thoughts and then preview the thought in the browser again. There were lots of update detection problems fixed in the 4.0.5.9 release, but there may still be a few more out there.

If you make a change to a thought but you notice the modification date does not change, please let us know what you did so we can fix it. If you want to ensure a complete update, just delete your prior export. To force updating of a single thought, just rename it for a second or two and rename it back to the original name. We'll add a force update option to the export in a future version.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
One thing I've noticed that is that even if I only add a few thoughts and then re-export to a sitebrain,  dozens or hundreds of thoughts are re-exported with a new modification date, even if they have not been changed.  This makes synchronising with the version on the website quite time-consuming.
Harlan
When you change a thought, all connected thoughts must also be updated. This is due to the way the data is broken up into packages for SiteBrain to download. There's still a little optimization that could be done here, but it won't make much of a difference.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
I figured connected thoughts would have to be updated, but it seems all thoughts connected to them, and so on, so that when I changed one thought, over 5000 of them were given new modification dates.
Harlan
On major version changes (if the SiteBrain export code has changed) or when you change the options to your SiteBrain, all thoughts are updated regardless of their modification date. I would guess this is what you are seeing.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
No, this doesn't seem to be what's happening. I just exported to sitebrain, and then 15 minutes later, without touching anything in the brain, exported it again, and over 1500 thoughts were exported again (html and xml).
ChrisCase
Harlan wrote:
If you make a change to a thought but you notice the modification date does not change, please let us know what you did so we can fix it. If you want to ensure a complete update, just delete your prior export. To force updating of a single thought, just rename it for a second or two and rename it back to the original name. We'll add a force update option to the export in a future version.

OK, I inserted code:
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-572978144567365821&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

If I left that thought in any way, the code would vanish.  If without leaving it I renamed and waited, there was no updating of the modification date, and the code disappeared as before. Quitting and restarting was of no use...
Harlan
Thanks for posting the specific code you were having trouble with Chris. We have fixed this problem in version 4067, up shortly.
Regards,
-Harlan
ChrisCase
Jumping straight from 4.0.6.3 to 4.0.6.7?    Good idea...20 years from now apocryphal copies of versions 6.4 thru 6.6  will perhaps fetch exorbitant prices on eBay....

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software