mctrexler
I have been using the Brain for years now.  I have one Brain in particular I'm trying to turn into an effective resource for supporting corporate risk management decisions around climate change issues.  I'm basically trying to use it as a key consulting resource with senior executives. Currently at 5GB and about 12,000 thoughts, it's a pretty good sized Brain.  

I've also just been asked to build a new Brain for an international agency client that will submit the Brain as a deliverable to the G20 to help stimulate thinking about how to leverage private capital for economic development around the world.  So it’s a big opportunity to build the audience for brain software. 

In both cases it occurs to me that it would be very useful to get insight from Brain experts, including ideas about how to do things better in the Brain, and aspects of the Brain we may be missing entirely.  Which leads me to two questions: 1) Does the Brain team ever work with users to help commercialize Brains that could really help advance public knowledge of the software? and 2) Has the Brain team ever helped organize online meetings for such a purpose, where Brain users can attend if they want to discuss and comment?  Much more advanced and applied than the standard Brain webinars.   If I were to organize such a meeting, would anyone show up?

Anyway, I wanted to see what interest there might be in either of these options.   I’d also be curious to know whether you know of anyone trying to use the Brain with some kind of AI interface that automatically populates the Brain with relevant information.

Thanks,

Mark

mbaas
> Much more advanced and applied than the standard Brain webinars.   If I were to
> organize such a meeting, would anyone show up?

I think that is a great idea and you can definitely count me in!

> I’d also be curious to know whether you know of anyone trying to use the Brain
> with some kind of AI interface that automatically populates the Brain with relevant information.

I have developped a tool to import 'tabular data' and build Brains from it. That's not AI yet, but I'd be interested to do more and be happy for more input & ideas

Also collaboration is great aspect which I'd like to promote more...

All the best

Michael
Antonio68
I will be happy to participate. I will be interested also to have a look to the tabular data import system. Is it something you can share?
Best
Antonio
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Spacenexus
Mark

It's good to see the corporate application arising from the user base. I have also been servicing Fortune 500 companies with TheBrain via my Brain centric thinktank (http://www.stellarbrain.com) and over the years I've identified several needs within corporations that TheBrain meets.

It so happens that some of the workload is increasing and I would consider expanding the team; please email me directly (click on my username to the left).

Here's to a better connected world!

best

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mbaas
@Antonio: pls. have a look at http://www.pbrain.de/produkte/braintools for more info on importing tabular data into TheBrain
mctrexler
I had a very good call with SpaceNexus to discuss Brain issues, and I'll reach out to others who responded as well.   I had also reached out to Brain staff, but never heard anything back.  Disappointing, since I keep advocating for the Brain's potential with my network, but don't really know if the Brain team itself is interested in exploring and supporting more complex uses of the Brain. 
Promeneur
I am interested too, even if I am not an expert .
mctrexler
I've posted a new message in TheBrain Uses that sort of follows on this thread, FYI. 
mctrexler
This thread has long languished, but I wanted to resurrect it.  A few of us have started holding monthly Zoom get-togethers to discuss aspects of TB that we may not all be familiar with, or things that we're doing with TB that others might be interested in.  It's not yet particularly formalized, but what we want to see evolve is a regularly scheduled forum for discussion, where individual TB users can demonstrate and share things they are doing or questions they have.  Just in the last couple of months I found out through these conversations a couple of seemingly minor capabilities of TB (in this case I'm thinking of the fact that Tags have their own URL - something I'd never really thought about but that has huge applications) that have been very influential in how I'm using TB. 

Drop me a line at mark@climatographer.com if you would like to be included in the notification list for these get-togethers!

Mark
metta
Thanks, Mark, for extending this invitation here in the forum!

I will be looking forward to learning more from others who are interested in joining our monthly Zoom sessions.

[smile]

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software