What I have found myself doing after each update, at one time or another, is selecting several thoughts that have attachments I want to collect in a single place and right clicking in the selection window and hoping that there is a menu choice "Collect Attachments". 

That still hasn't happened.  Is there a way to do this that I haven't found yet??

The work around I have used several times when I need a lot of attachments collected is to make the selection, copy the thoughts, create a new brain, paste the thoughts, open file manager and search the new brain files folder for *.* and collecting them from there.  That's a lot of work.

How about running a report with the attachment type or manually selecting them. If you ran a report you would then have to choose Edit > Add Report Results to Selection.

Then choose File > Export > To Folders. Check the Selected Thoughts box and choose a Flat folder structure.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
It would be very convenient if there was a way to select multiple Thoughts and then have the files in each selected Thought displayed in a list similar to what's shown when you open a Thought window.  Then you could take action on files within the list either individually or collectively as a group.

Where this would have come in very handy for me is when I decided to reverse a design decision I made in my brain.  At one time I thought it would be a great idea to move files out of a single Thought and to disperse them into their own Thoughts (i.e., one file per Thought).  But after seeing the effect this had on the Instant Activation and Search windows, I decided to reverse the change, which meant that I had to drag-and-drop each file back to the original Thought.  This was no small effort, so it would have been very convenient if I could have dragged all files together from their source (selected) Thoughts to the target Thought.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software