BHurd
What I have found myself doing after each update, at one time or another, is selecting several thoughts that have attachments I want to collect in a single place and right clicking in the selection window and hoping that there is a menu choice "Collect Attachments". 

That still hasn't happened.  Is there a way to do this that I haven't found yet??

The work around I have used several times when I need a lot of attachments collected is to make the selection, copy the thoughts, create a new brain, paste the thoughts, open file manager and search the new brain files folder for *.* and collecting them from there.  That's a lot of work.

zenrain
How about running a report with the attachment type or manually selecting them. If you ran a report you would then have to choose Edit > Add Report Results to Selection.

Then choose File > Export > To Folders. Check the Selected Thoughts box and choose a Flat folder structure.
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
BrentK
It would be very convenient if there was a way to select multiple Thoughts and then have the files in each selected Thought displayed in a list similar to what's shown when you open a Thought window.  Then you could take action on files within the list either individually or collectively as a group.

Where this would have come in very handy for me is when I decided to reverse a design decision I made in my brain.  At one time I thought it would be a great idea to move files out of a single Thought and to disperse them into their own Thoughts (i.e., one file per Thought).  But after seeing the effect this had on the Instant Activation and Search windows, I decided to reverse the change, which meant that I had to drag-and-drop each file back to the original Thought.  This was no small effort, so it would have been very convenient if I could have dragged all files together from their source (selected) Thoughts to the target Thought.

Brent

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software