mrsandbags
I just noticed that I am 16 days from the renewal date for my subscription.

While there are a bunch of things I am still not happy with about TheBrain in all its incarnations I can see that real progress is being made and after, more than a decade long absence, I am very pleased to have this app back in my life.

I'm almost at 2,500 thoughts and committed to getting my link density over 1.3 (it's irritatingly stuck at 1.28).

I shall be renewing.

Thanks Brain team.

MOWER/VALDEMARIN
Experts at creating value by sharpening purpose, stimulating thinking, sharing insight, and finding hidden opportunities for you
tel +44 797 707 6709  ·  skype: matt.mower ·   http://mwrvld.com/  ·  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattmower

TheBrain v9.0.245.0 | macOS 10.12.6 | MacBook Pro 13,1 (late 2016) 2.4Gz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 540 GPU

metta
🙂
tomcal123
 I just checked and I am also at 1.28!  4095 thoughts.  I guess I now have a goal to get to 1.3...  As far as renewing, I can't imagine NOT using The Brain.  What I try to do is figure out what other software I can cut out and accomplish the same results with The Brain.  Remember the Milk is still easier for task management (only because I haven't figured out a great way to accomplish total task management in TB) and I still frustratingly use Evernote, even though it is so slow and clunky.  And it's not because I have 18,000 plus notes in there.  It is because of the ubiquitous capture tools - when TB starts to come close to EN in that regard, that will be a cause for celebration.
mrsandbags
tomcal123 wrote:
 I just checked and I am also at 1.28!  4095 thoughts.  I guess I now have a goal to get to 1.3...  As far as renewing, I can't imagine NOT using The Brain.  What I try to do is figure out what other software I can cut out and accomplish the same results with The Brain.  Remember the Milk is still easier for task management (only because I haven't figured out a great way to accomplish total task management in TB) and I still frustratingly use Evernote, even though it is so slow and clunky.  And it's not because I have 18,000 plus notes in there.  It is because of the ubiquitous capture tools - when TB starts to come close to EN in that regard, that will be a cause for celebration.

I have, more or less, moved out of Evernote. I still use the capture tools but try to immediately pull stuff out into other apps. I use Things for task management and it would take a huge amount of effort in that focused direction before I could imagine TheBrain challenging that kind of app for me.

My work today has got me to 1.30 so it is possible 😉

I'm keen to hear how densely linked other people's brains are…
MOWER/VALDEMARIN
Experts at creating value by sharpening purpose, stimulating thinking, sharing insight, and finding hidden opportunities for you
tel +44 797 707 6709  ·  skype: matt.mower ·   http://mwrvld.com/  ·  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mattmower

TheBrain v9.0.245.0 | macOS 10.12.6 | MacBook Pro 13,1 (late 2016) 2.4Gz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 540 GPU

metta
Links per Thought
> TB8 = 2.66 in Mega Brain (31,769 thoughts)
> TB9 = 5.06 in Test Brain (806 thoughts)

mrsandbags
Impressive. Most impressive!

What kinds of dataset are those? If you feel comfortable sharing.

Thanks.

Matt
MOWER/VALDEMARIN

pshanks

Our renewal is due in 8 days and this will be our 18th year of using the software. We have over 93,000 thoughts (And we just moved a bunch of thoughts to several small Brains) and ours LPT is 1.35 and we could NOT imagine not having it around. Our biggest challenge today is WebBrain, we need to share some of our smaller Brains but WebBrain needs some work done to it to make it user friendly. 

@Tomcal123 we still use Evernotes with over 22,000 plus notes and don't have any challenges with speed and plan to run EN along side TB for a long time. And for task management with use Asana with and would never consider moving that into TheBrain either.

2018-02-13_8-41-52.jpg 

TheBrain (Beta 10.0.25.0) 9.1.16.0, iOS V9.1.2, TheBrain 8.0.2.2
Windows 10 (V1803), Windows 7 SP1, OS X V10.13.5
Using The Brain since V3 (1999)

ruudhein
Personal: 1.32
Work: 1.13

Came back to check TB9, fell in love again, notice the vast improvements and signed up right away.

Still using Evernote, together with Filterize, as my personal repository. Combination of diary, log, personal documents. 

I've had a period where I felt I had to choose between the 2 but each serves its own purpose in my life.

Task management is in Everdo.
Using: Evernote | FilterizeDynalist | InstaPaper | Liner | TheBrain v10.0.23.0
metta
@mrsandbags ~

You asked: What kinds of dataset are those?

> TB8 = 2.66 in Mega Brain (31,769 thoughts) = Everything (business & personal) collected for the past 5 years

> TB9 = 5.06 in Test Brain (806 thoughts) = This 1+ year-old brain contains virtually of my documentation about TB9:
-- Hints & Tips
-- Bug Reports
-- Support Tickets
-- Feature Requests
-- Pending Features
-- Forum links, etc.

As for the link density in these 2 brains, I suspect it is a reflection of the fact that I am extremely visual, and I like to see as many potentially relevant connections as possible.

In the smaller TB9 Test Brain, I suspect the extreme link density may actually be a reflection of the fact that this brain could use some gardening! ;-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software