Spacenexus
Copying thoughts from one Brain and trying to paste to another results in nothing happening. Am i missing something? It's not a feature I usually use.

thanks

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mcaton
You should be able to past right into the other Brain when the copied thought/thoughts are on your clip board.  

You can test to see if the copy action took place, by pasting into a notepad or wordpad document, you'll then see the XML behind the scenes of what you just copied.  Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Matt
mctrexler
Jim, from your message it sounds as if you have the option to "paste" into the other brain?   It just doesn't do it?   That's different from my longstanding problem of the paste option simply not appearing in the second brain.  Problem appeared with 8.0  Went away for a short while (I think after a Java update), then reappeared with 8.0.1.1 and persists. I suspect there's some kind of a Java/Brain issue that manifests in my system but apparently very few others. 

Mark

8.0.1.1., Windows 7, Java 7.55. 
Spacenexus
Yes, this problem still persists. Unable to paste any thoughts into another Brain. I noticed that when trying to sync the second brain which is synced with webbrain, the dialogue 'other importing in progress' appears. Looks like something is hanging on the thoughts paste. Have to kill the background TB task manually each time, even when TheBrain is closed.

other.png 

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mcaton
Jim,

Trying my best to replicate this, but it works flawlessly each time.  Can you try pasting into a DIFFERENT Brain?  Anything unique about the thought that you are copying (attachment, type, tags, etc.)?

If you have a thought on your clipboard, and the Brain you are pasting into is undergoing an active Auto Sync - this could be the reason you are not able to paste.  In fact, if you right click in the background, "Paste Thoughts" won't appear until the auto sync is complete.

I'm thinking that this is just a matter of bad timing.  If you can see that a sync is taking place, please try waiting until the sync is complete and then paste.

Thanks
Matt

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software