mctrexler

I'm selecting multiple thoughts from one Brain and copying them into another Brain.  Just individual thoughts, not Child thoughts or anything complicated.  

Copying is no problem.  When I go to Paste them into the new Brain I have the thought I want to attach them to as the central thought on the screen.  I click "past thoughts."  Sometimes they are all where I expect them to be, children of the central thought.  In many cases just one thought links correctly, and the others vanish.  I then have to call up a report of Orphan thoughts to find them and attach them.  

Why is this happening?  Isn't there some way to reliably get the paste function to work without most of the thoughts becoming Orphans?

Mark

8.0.2  Windows 10  

mcaton
Mark,

Are you copying the thoughts from the same group of children in Brain A - or are they from distant locations in the original Brain?  It sounds like TheBrain is trying to retain the original structure and some distant thoughts, unrelated to the rest of the group you selected is being copied over - but not linked.  

Can you send us a sample Brain where we can replicate to review?  Just TAG the group of Thoughts you want to copy from A to B and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks,
Matt
mctrexler
Matt, generally they're all children from the same parent that I'm copying and then trying to paste to a thought in Brain B.  

As usual, no way to send you the 30GB Brain.  

The only way to solve the problem seems to be to first link all of the selected thoughts to a new parent thought in Brain A, add the parent thought to the selected thoughts, and then past all of them into Brain B, and then remove the bogus parent thought.  It's a couple of extra steps which is a pain, but at least I'm not recovering tons of orphans.

Mark

mcaton
Mark,

Not able to replicate yet, but I'll keep trying.  How many thoughts are you copying at a time?

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software