SmartDust
Hi,

Whatever I try, I always get the same message as seen in the attachment. What's wrong?

Best Regards

Siegfried

Click image for larger version - Name: version.jpg, Views: 271, Size: 26.52 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Copy-Paste_not_working.jpg, Views: 280, Size: 121.99 KB
Harlan
Make sure that you copy the Thoughts first. The paste command is mistakenly displayed sometimes when it is not available in Version 4.1.2.0. We have fixed this problem in the 4.1.2.1 release, which is available now. (Mac version will be posted later this evening.)
Regards,
-Harlan
dubnick
Maybe I am misreading, but should there be a "Copy Thoughts as Text" option in this latest beta on the edit menu or drop down edit menu? Can't see it -- the copy thought is in code form.
Dryopithecus
dubnick wrote: Maybe I am misreading, but should there be a "Copy Thoughts as Text" option in this latest beta on the edit menu or drop down edit menu? Can't see it -- the copy thought is in code form.

The "Copy Selected as Text" will appear under the Edit menu when a selection exists.

Regards, Yang
Click image for larger version - Name: PB.png, Views: 232, Size: 12.49 KB
Dryopithecus
I'm experiencing the same issue as Siegfried.

Below is the output.log.

Regards, Yang
Harlan
Yang, can you please describe what commands you are using and what the problematic result is? I believe that Siegfried's problem was not copying any Thoughts into the clipboard to start with, a result of a misleading message that has been fixed in 4.1.2.1, which you are using.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Siegfriend and Yang,

Can you please post the XML from the clipboard which you are not able to paste? (Save it as a text file and upload it here.) Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
Dryopithecus
Harlan, I've recorded a video to help me to describe the problem. I've tested many times with different brains, all have this issue.

The clipboard content is also attached below.

Regards, Yang
Harlan
Yang,

Thanks for posting the video. What it shows is puzzling - I am not sure what could be going wrong since the output.log file did not show any related errors. What did you use to capture that, BTW?

The XML being created is valid - I was able to paste it into a Brain on my machine. So, I am not sure what is wrong.

I have added some additional debug messages to the next release, 4.1.2.3, which I hope will enable us to track down what is going wrong.

Regards,
-Harlan
SmartDust
Harlan,

Please find attached a copy of the XML file obtained via paste to notepad and my output.log file. The paste does not work in the plex as per above post

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Siegfried

(similar output.log in my post in the release forum http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/show_single_post?pid=21306559&postcount=3 )
Dryopithecus
Harlan, I used Camtasia Studio 5 to capture that video.

Regards,
Yang
Harlan
OK, I looked at the output.log files again and I think I found the problem. Thanks for the information - hopefully we'll have this solved shortly.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Confirmed - this is fixed for the next release, 4.1.2.3.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
4.1.2.3 is up now with the fix.
Regards,
-Harlan
Dryopithecus
Confirmed - Thanks!

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software