SmartDust
Hi,

I am trying to import from v8. and if I check the log it exits with an error:

2016-12-26 12:07:21.9925 | DEBUG | TheBrain.Core.DataExchange.Converters.ConverterBase | [909] Failed to convert using connector : #5MA. Reason: Illegal characters in path..
2016-12-26 12:07:32.5037 | WARN  | TheBrain.Core.DataExchange.Converters.ConverterBase | [86] Import Java Brain failed with message Illegal characters in path..
2016-12-26 12:07:32.5187 | ERROR | TheBrain.Sys.Logging.Logger | [25] [console only] : Illegal characters in path.
   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at #F5x.#Jpu.#4Tz(String #Gpu, String #Hpu, Boolean #3Tz, #XMA #Iyr)

How can I identify the right attachment in the brain to check where it goes wrong?

Attachment: 11040 / 14755

This was the last entry before it logged the error

Can I go to this attachment?

Please advise
mcaton
SmartDust,

Can we see a full copy of the log file?  If you can acquire the thought GUID - we can do a search in V8 for this specific Thought.  You can also search the Files directory in your v* _brain folder for:

"*(*"

In that case, the ( is the special character.  You could do a series of testes to find a possible culprit. 

And finally, what is the full path of the .brain file?

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software